Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you seen this rubbish?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Well, am about to step out. I'm sure when I return, I will either have dozens of angry posts and accusations or will be banned. Either way, I will be amused.

Just don't think for one second any of you ran me off. I actually have a job, a life and hobbies. I don't sit here all day.
Will be back! But maybe I won't be able to respond. haha
Don’t think of it as getting banned.
Just think of it as Darwin’s theory of natural selection where you might not make the cut.

Why is it always the newbys that go off the rails??
B

Last edited:

Pandemic

One Too Many
Okay, now that the trash has been taken out, let's go back to the topic at hand; Since I'm behind a paywall and can't read the article, what exactly should men older than 39 should we wearing?
Just for laughs I decided to google that question. The answers did not disappoint. I apologize for nothing!!

This one is pretty lame:
https://bestlifeonline.com/rules-for-style-men-over-40/

This one slightly better though still pretty basic stuff:
https://effortlessgent.com/how-older-men-should-dress/

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Okay, now that the trash has been taken out, let's go back to the topic at hand; Since I'm behind a paywall and can't read the article, what exactly should men older than 39 be wearing?
They don't. It's just complaining the whole time. They don't even offer alternative advice

Damon141

Practically Family
Okay, now that the trash has been taken out, let's go back to the topic at hand; Since I'm behind a paywall and can't read the article, what exactly should men older than 39 be wearing?
Men over 39, should think we are okay

Here in USA you can walk into just about any Walmart and this is the dress code
A432EC43-5B95-4305-8EB9-3BACFA9B569E.jpeg
E874CA05-CF07-4FDF-98EE-42723FADDE3B.jpeg
42F74374-7861-46B7-9E23-C69B2C36BB3A.jpeg
664EA31F-46F3-4B3E-815F-AAB012083408.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He reminds me of someone who I believe was banned not too long ago. Same contempt for “vermin”.
I also remember that someone in a drunken stupor had also scribbled in this way. But I think when he sobered up, he took a few steps back.
With this kind of verbal lashing out, only alcohol can have been involved.

leather.be

One of the Regulars
The most slappable face on youtube...
His ability to talk for 10 minutes without saying anything useful is quite impressive!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I don't like to judge out of fear of being hypocritical but I watched a "review" of boots that he did and he basically just called the boots "incredible" over and over for ten minutes straight. I'm pretty sure almost nothing was said about the boots that would help any buyer come closer to making a real decision. That was the first and last video I watched of his.

leather.be

One of the Regulars
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I don't like to judge out of fear of being hypocritical but I watched a "review" of boots that he did and he basically just called the boots "incredible" over and over for ten minutes straight. I'm pretty sure almost nothing was said about the boots that would help any buyer come closer to making a real decision. That was the first and last video I watched of his.
He seems like a nice guy though. Very enthusiastic!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
You are absolutely right in part imo. If a pattern is great, it can look fantastic on a variety of people and body types. My vanson and rainbow country a2 have both been owned by me and guys that are over 6' and slim and both looked good on each person. My Freewheelers Mulhollands are the same. I owned a few and they looked good on several different people.

However, that's still not easy for most people to achieve. You are an exception, not a rule. You have more experience with leather jackets already than most people ever will. You know what's up and you are showing a jacket made by a fantastic maker who gives fit jackets. You are also in good shape which makes it easier. Trust me, I've been on both sides of this now. It matters.

Most people don't have all of those advantages you have. Also, not all leather jackets have good patterns. Even good patterns don't actually work on all body types. Also, tbh I don't think that jacket looks all that good on one of those people.

I'm sure there are items that are harder to size. To get a suit right is almost certainly more difficult. For some people, boots and shoes are difficult. Personally, I think leather jackets are much more difficult to get right than most shirts, jeans, and jackets partly because leather is less forgiving and literally has less give than other fabrics.

Can it be relatively easy in some cases? Yes it can as you have pointed out. And yes it's gotten easier for me as I can buy stuff online fairly easily. That said, I can size shirts, t shirts, trousers, and more a hell of a lot easier than leather jackets still, despite being a leather jacket enthusiast for 10 years.

It's not universal, however. This might make a good thread actually. I'd be curious to hear what others think as well. Maybe I'm nuts :p
I agree, normal middle-aged people when they buy otr leather biker jacket to amp up their coolness following a life changing stage of their life, they don't size it by the chest size but by their waist size, and it would be 3 size too big over their chest but its they only size they can zip up, unless he is a wiseguy who buy a lambskin blouson that has waist expansion room in the pattern

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I'm fully aware I am going to be banned. I told you I don't care.

Before I do though. I don't know who this "monitor" is supposed to be, some self proclaimed monitor of the website or he actually works for this website. Don't care. Whoever this kid is, he is vermin, and he has no damn business being a monitor.

Just check out the history of this 15,600 post losers remarks. This mother fucker has a serious mouth on him, he is an instigator and literally looks for trouble and then rats out people to get them banned. He even looks like a rat coward, look at the few photos he was stupid enough to post up. This punk needs to get DEALT with. I guarantee you this scum wouldn't be such a smart ass in person.

Damn dangerous.
did I miss something what is happening?

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I agree, normal middle-aged people when they buy otr leather biker jacket to amp up their coolness following a life changing stage of their life, they don't size it by the chest size but by their waist size, and it would be 3 size too big over their chest but its they only size they can zip up, unless he is a wiseguy who buy a lambskin blouson that has waist expansion room in the pattern
And a lot of those blouson don't look great anyway...

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Ever since I've developed an active interest in clothes, I would see this article popping up almost verbatim on an annual basis. Every single year some loser attempts to establish how utterly unique their edgyness is by declaring leather jackets as a complete fashion faux pas, always to an opposte effect. Leather jacket are at this moment most in as they have ever been and the trend only seems to be gaining in popularity.

I'm out of touch with what's popular, and it's irrelevant to me whether they're popular. I like what I like for reasons having nothing to do with popularity. I don't think it's hard to see why I like the things I like. It's pretty self-evident in most cases. Sure, there's always depth and subtlety there to be appreciated, but there's also a plain simplicity about it too, that's obvious to anyone who wants to see it.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
i got suggested of his youtube too on my YT homepage, I checked once, and I see him as heavily accessorized overly enthusiastic fellow over every single thing he own with a high pitched voice that doesn't match his "look", but otherwise I don't find him hateable, if he would tone down the accessories those jackets might works on him I don't know I don't see much wrong, denim jacket with shortish sleeve is becoming normal to my eyes, and the biker jacket i don't see much wrong with it

Pandemic

One Too Many
did I miss something what is happening?
Dunno, man. Angry little incel is off his meds and ranting about vegans threatening Monitor for some reason.

i got suggested of his youtube too on my YT homepage, I checked once, and I see him as heavily accessorized overly enthusiastic fellow over every single thing he own with a high pitched voice that doesn't match his "look", but otherwise I don't find him hateable, if he would tone down the accessories those jackets might works on him I don't know I don't see much wrong, denim jacket with shortish sleeve is becoming normal to my eyes, and the biker jacket i don't see much wrong with it

Exactly. He seems like a nice guy, like most of these influencer types. It’s just kinda sad to see all the enablers around them and one wonders if newbies are actually taking the bad advice they give out.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Dunno, man. Angry little incel is off his meds and ranting about vegans threatening Monitor for some reason.

Exactly. He seems like a nice guy, like most of these influencer types. It’s just kinda sad to see all the enablers around them and one wonders if newbies are actually taking the bad advice they give out.
these men style advisors started from minimalist men wardrobe, essential things we should have or what shoes to buy if you only have one, etc which I enjoyed, but overtime their channel grows and sponsors came and they all suggest crap jacket and watches and whatever men products to buy buy buy and waste money on borderline scam products they are endorsed with. why would you buy no name junk watches if a youngman have a budget of a dependable and acceptable Seiko.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
just got this on my YT suggested videos, RMRS calls that A2 bomber jacket, and trying in length to illustrate the war history behind it, why not label it honestly as civilian business casual bomber styled jacket with square sleeve and probably lightly padded shoulder loosely inspired by some bomber jackets, why not tell his viewers this bomber inspired jacket is for urban living, thus the sleeve is modified to look neat in neutral pose, lining pocket is added to store our mobile phone or valuable belonging since the patch pockets are merely decorational and can't hold much, there would still be values and positive traits in it while being honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ