Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you seen this rubbish?

these men style advisors started from minimalist men wardrobe, essential things we should have or what shoes to buy if you only have one, etc which I enjoyed, but overtime their channel grows and sponsors came and they all suggest crap jacket and watches and whatever men products to buy buy buy and waste money on borderline scam products they are endorsed with. why would you buy no name junk watches if a youngman have a budget of a dependable and acceptable Seiko.

Sponsorship is the worst precisely because it's so insidious. Most guys I follow & like(d) on IG at some point switched from being cool & fun to looking uniformed & wearing completely unrelated stuff and it always takes me weeks to realize it's always, without a mistake, sponsorship.

It's gotten so bad, too! The bluecollarprep guy one day showed up on my news feed vacuuming his room with the "new" best ever vacuum cleaner. Dude, come on!

Dunno, man. Angry little incel is off his meds and ranting about vegans threatening Monitor for some reason.

I did try to warn him I'll live inside of his head forever. :3

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I'm pretty sure almost nothing was said about the boots that would help any buyer come closer to making a real decision.

The IG profiles of many of these self proclaimed experts seem to be more about 'style', the latest drop of some quasi limited edition item or in many cases about themselves and their need for likes. But when it comes to actual product knowledge many of them can't get beyond naming brand names, the name of a tannery or the name of the shop that sold them the hyped item.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
just got this on my YT suggested videos, RMRS calls that A2 bomber jacket, and trying in length to illustrate the war history behind it, why not label it honestly as civilian business casual bomber styled jacket with square sleeve and probably lightly padded shoulder loosely inspired by some bomber jackets, why not tell his viewers this bomber inspired jacket is for urban living, thus the sleeve is modified to look neat in neutral pose, lining pocket is added to store our mobile phone or valuable belonging since the patch pockets are merely decorational and can't hold much, there would still be values and positive traits in it while being honest.

This dude has so little understanding of the subject, it's terrifying to think people listen to his opinion!
He keeps going on about the A2 being a high altitude warm jacket, how warm it is, how great it does in winter.
It's like he has never seen "Jacket, Pilot's (summer)".

This video is basically a poorly writen advertising pitch for thursday boots!
Man, i wish i looked as rugged as this dude does...

Edit: this only gets better as you go! 95% of claims he makes are wrong and he literally says the sentence "over time it will pick up a bit of pantina" is that like patina in your pants?

Last edited:
This dude has so little understanding of the subject, it's terrifying to think people listen to his opinion!
He keeps going on about the A2 being a high altitude warm jacket, how warm it is, how great it does in winter.
It's like he has never seen "Jacket, Pilot's (summer)".

This video is basically a poorly writen advertising pitch for thursday boots!

I'm always amazed how misinformed these people making all these videos are! It's not even funny. The certainty with which they spread this nonsense is terrifying.

My friend often sends me TikTok videos about leather jackets & the amount of bs is even worse there with people genuinely not having a first clue what they're talking about and what's worse, these videos have tens of thousands of views.

They can't even get the movies right, with one TT guy posting a 4 minutes video (which is insanely long for TT), explaining how Perfecto got famous because of James Dean wearing it in On the Waterfront.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
LOL

This is where he explains one should wear a jacket open when "meeting up with some ladies"

89C32ADE-AC93-49C9-86DC-AF1F1AFB0CC5.jpeg

Edit : typo

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
LOL

This is wear he explains one should wear a jacket open when "meeting up with some ladies"

View attachment 484425

Why/how did almost 200 thousand people watch this video?

What does "wearing a scarf like a man" even mean?
As someone who doesn't have any social media, doesn't follow any "influencers" i really don't understand any of this.
Are some people really that insecure that they give that much thought to scarves and how to wear one like a man?
The world is going insane...

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I listened to fjorde vid once again, and I learned that every description of anything is "incredible amazing"
LOL

This is where he explains one should wear a jacket open when "meeting up with some ladies"

View attachment 484425
Edit : typo
so they would forgive you for being 2hrs late because your mvmnt watch went out of synch, but since you wear your jacket open and showing your hi end stingray leather patched jeans with custom button caps made from bullets (who what kind of weirdos wearing this kind of jeans) then all is good with the ladies.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
As far as scarves go, my apathy and laziness means that I just wear some of my motorcycle neck tubes instead because they're no effort.

Nothing more manly than motorbikes. Grrr.
I love neck tubes. Ever since I bought some in fleece for winter biking, I stopped using scarves at all. So convenient.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Why/how did almost 200 thousand people watch this video?

What does "wearing a scarf like a man" even mean?
As someone who doesn't have any social media, doesn't follow any "influencers" i really don't understand any of this.
Are some people really that insecure that they give that much thought to scarves and how to wear one like a man?
The world is going insane...
follow his tutorial so you don't accidentally strangled yourself to death like david carradine:D

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I'm always amazed how misinformed these people making all these videos are! It's not even funny. The certainty with which they spread this nonsense is terrifying.

My friend often sends me TikTok videos about leather jackets & the amount of bs is even worse there with people genuinely not having a first clue what they're talking about and what's worse, these videos have tens of thousands of views.

They can't even get the movies right, with one TT guy posting a 4 minutes video (which is insanely long for TT), explaining how Perfecto got famous because of James Dean wearing it in On the Waterfront.
the best leather jackets in the world is made by JL rocha

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
custom button caps made from bullets

Okay, but this particular detail…

A suede western jacket with button studs from pressed cowboy caliber bullets could be a fun look. Not that any of these guys would wear something that interesting.

At Cordings, a very traditional country clothing shop in London, I used to pick up these cheap but fun cufflinks made out of shell casings with a coloured plastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider