Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Discussion in 'Hats' started by handlebar bart, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Bill Hughes

Bill Hughes Call Me a Cab

When it hits 90 here in North Texas I wear straw (and associated shirts). I don't care what anybody thinks.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  2. Hawaiian/Aloha shirts existed long before the "Boogaloo Boys" started their nonsense, and they'll exist long after the Boogaloo Boys are forgotten. As long as you don't act like a whack job Q anarchist, I think you'll be okay.

3. I’d never heard of the “bugaloo boyz” before the post above, but just because some idiots wear Hawaiian/Aloha shirts that’s no reason to stop wearing yours/mine.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  4. glider

glider One of the Regulars

Yep, I don't know who they are either, or what they did or do.

5. I've been wearing Aloha shirts for years, wouldn't stop now.

6. Just to save future readers a bit of time, the "Boogaloo Boys" (a.k.a. the "Boogaloo Bois") is a "loosely organized far-right anti-government extremist political movement" here in the United States. The participants regularly wear a combination of Hawaiian/Aloha shirts and military fatigues in order to identify themselves as Boogaloo Boys/Bois at protests.

7. Tukwila

Tukwila My Mail is Forwarded Here

So, we have to put up with ads IN THE MIDDLE OF MEMBERS' POSTS, NOW?????????????

Bill Hughes and Rmccamey like this.
  8. Bill Hughes

Supernatural for a family get together.

0F6186AB-50E0-4BA7-AE6E-672C6F3061A1.jpeg

StrawBunyan, Tukwila, dh66 and 9 others like this.
  9. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Mr Hughes, you wear that shirt/hat combination with aplomb, fabulous.

The weather has been a mix of extreme heat and rain, but mostly heat. I've been looking forward to wearing the straw hats at the weekend. At work I don't wear a hat in the office, obviously. In the warehouse, hard hats are compulsory: Here's mine.
    hard hat.jpg
    The sun shone this morning, but not for long, a great excuse to give Esther's Strat-look-a-like an outing.
    Esther-hat 001.JPG

10. Bill Hughes

Great praise coming from the one who sets the standard we all strive to emulate.

Zombie_61 and Tukwila like this.
  11. Redfokker

Redfokker

My trip to NW Hats and a visit with Mike Miller (I fondled the boxes being sent to Bill Hughes, already had been packed up unfortunately) I also came home with a pugaree for my custom semi-colado. I needed something that would be appropriate for our family vacation to Hawaii in December. This new hat band should fit the bill nicely, now to find a matching shirt. Maybe I'll just buy one on Waikiki!

6Jul21 New pug semi colado 600x.jpg 6Jul21 New pug semi colado front 550x.jpg

12. Bill Hughes

I’ve always liked your style.

13. +1 :)

Zombie_61 and Redfokker like this.
  14. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Ooh-la-la! Beautiful! You will be spoilt for choice in Waikiki, but if you simply have to have a shirt to compliment that hat, then I suggest the Cereus flower.
    red shirt.jpg
    https://www.amazon.com/Red-Cereus-Flower-Hawaiian-Shirt/dp/B018BHHX26

15. Redfokker

Redfokker

Tukwila, deadlyhandsome and Zombie_61 like this.
  16. Surely you can't be...Cereus. :D

Rmccamey, Boomerang and Tukwila like this.
  17. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Groan!

Rmccamey and Zombie_61 like this.
  18. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Twinwood 2019 004.JPG Twinwood 2019 002.JPG Twinwood 2019 018.JPG
    Tina is putting the finishing touches to my new Aloha shirt, hopefully I can show it off soon.
    In the meantime, here's some of her previous work, she made all three shirts and the trousers too.

19. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Unmatched sartorial style Robert and color coordinated. And like those shoes. Italian? :)

20. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

You have such a way with words Thomas, thank you. The shoes, the navy & white spectators are from former Lounger SimonC, who trades as SJC, https://simonjamescathcart.com/products/navy-spectator-shoes

Colin Johnson made the green & cream pair. He calls the colour, Oxford Racing Green.
    https://www.colinjohnsonshoes.com/product-page/oxford-racing-green-cream-leather-1

The burgundy shoes are by Hockerty. They are out of production now, but the current pair are very similar.
    https://www.hockerty.uk/en-uk/men/s...MI78LSpPSL8gIViZntCh2TVAy0EAQYASABEgJaqfD_BwE

Zombie_61 and Harp like this.