Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Northwest Hats.

BE396F1E-BA67-4C38-B6E1-8BF9B6A8BAD8.jpeg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The striking different colours of the birds work really well with a black background. Fabulous as ever, Bill, I love it.

new trousers gamboa hat 004.JPG
Yesterday, with the sun coming out, I wore my blue fern leaf shirt, one of a number of large fern leaf patterned shirts in my wardrobe. When Tina bought the fabric there wasn't enough to make a complete shirt. Her idea of contrasting it with a plain blue works rather well.
1691472855404.jpeg

Another fern leaf today, this time a complete shirt in the leaf fabric. The Stetson Sovereign will suffice until the sunshine makes a return.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
You just can't beat those Tina Specials!

The striking different colours of the birds work really well with a black background. Fabulous as ever, Bill, I love it.

View attachment 538221
Yesterday, with the sun coming out, I wore my blue fern leaf shirt, one of a number of large fern leaf patterned shirts in my wardrobe. When Tina bought the fabric there wasn't enough to make a complete shirt. Her idea of contrasting it with a plain blue works rather well.
View attachment 538218
Another fern leaf today, this time a complete shirt in the leaf fabric. The Stetson Sovereign will suffice until the sunshine makes a return.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You just can't beat those Tina Specials!
What a lovely compliment, it will lift her spirits.
red ballgown - Copy.jpg
We are off to a vintage festival at the end of August, there will be a summer ball on the Saturday night called "Classic Hollywood," this ballgown is her current project which she hopes to finish in time to wear it. When it's complete, I will find an appropriate thread.

Bill Hughes

View attachment 538221
View attachment 538218
Both of those are my favorites.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Both of those are my favorites.
You like the big fern leaf pattern, Bill? This one that I am wearing today makes up the trilogy. After making the shirt and knowing that I prefer a bespoke hat, Tina looked up my hat company and gave them a call. Between them they arranged for her to send them a sample of the shirt fabric, they then sent her a small piece of the felt in the colour that they thought best. Tina phoned them and agreed. All that happened without my knowledge. A few birthdays ago I was presented with both hat and shirt. It was wonderful, I felt so privileged. I should add that she made the trousers too, but you probably guessed that.
Green hat, pants and shirt 004.JPG
Green hat, pants and shirt 006.JPG

Bill Hughes

You like the big fern leaf pattern, Bill? This one that I am wearing today makes up the trilogy. After making the shirt and knowing that I prefer a bespoke hat, Tina looked up my hat company and gave them a call. Between them they arranged for her to send them a sample of the shirt fabric, they then sent her a small piece of the felt in the colour that they thought best. Tina phoned them and agreed. All that happened without my knowledge. A few birthdays ago I was presented with both hat and shirt. It was wonderful, I felt so privileged. I should add that she made the trousers too, but you probably guessed that.
View attachment 538532 View attachment 538534
Outstanding just outstanding.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Fern shirt and stone trousers 001.JPG Fern shirt and stone trousers 002.JPG
These trousers are the ones that the dry cleaners damaged. Tina managed to remove the obvious marks, she then removed the lining, dyed it the same dark blue as this shirt, then sewed the lining back in.
Trouser lining 001.JPG
You can't see it in the strong sunlight but the dark lining now gives the exterior colour a stone-like appearance. The darker blue of the Gibsons shoes team up with the shirt and trousers and compliment each other perfectly. It's like having a new pair of trousers, and given that Tina made a replacement pair, I guess it is.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Thanks. I probably knew of Jones many years ago but have forgotten. I'll look him up.

Love the shirt, have you heard of Paul Jones? He was a singer with the 60's band, Manfred Mann. He was also a very bright fellow, a student of Oxford University no less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner