Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

One Too Many
Kangul and shirt

2082538480106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Hi, Brothers¡¡¡¡ It is a pleasure to me, can show this antiques: an old Kangul (100% wool) made in england yet and one of my favourites shirts.:p :p :p

One Too Many
Thanks

I am swimming coach, ten days ago, I was in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, in a contest, here is a place where never is cold, is a termic paradaise.
Thanks for comments I love the shirts with many colors.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
Alittle something to ease us out of the snow and into the sun. Okay guys let see the combos.:D
school023.jpg

This kind of thing is very useful generally, to plan out in advance what goes with what. Formerly only the women I knew had to worry about "outfits," but now I do because I wear hats.

Having seen a lot of these pictures, notwithstanding the fact that some of the guys (including first picture) can make other hats work with a Hawaiian shirt, I've got to go with straw and Panama hats every time. A Hawaiian shirt is for casual and for fun, but a fedora, especially a dark-colored one, says "I am a serious guy." These images are in conflict, and so IMHO they don't go together. Ditto for the Open Roads. It all reminds me of Richard Nixon walking along the California beach in his dark suit and wingtips.

An exception is the porkpie hat, which also says "fun." So I would wear fun hats like a straw hat or a Panama with a Hawaiian shirt, and other fedoras for occasions that are not strictly "fun." I'm not the fashion police, I'm not saying you can't do it, but to me the fedoras and Hawaiian shirts are incongruous. And if you wear a fedora with a Hawaiian shirt I think you're best off with a light-colored hat.

One Too Many
DOMINICAN SHIRT ¡¡¡¡¡

2446106620106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Another Mexican straw hat and like Hawaian, this from Domonican Républic, last week in our land with sun shining well. the heather almost 36 C.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

KY_RudeBoy

Familiar Face
danofarlington said:
I'm not the fashion police, I'm not saying you can't do it, but to me the fedoras and Hawaiian shirts are incongruous.
This is exactly why I keep checking this thread. To me, the juxtaposition is the fun part.

One Too Many
Felt, straw, wool hats and shirts and suits.

I have always used hats, maybe in our land there are not much brands in sell, but sufficients to choose one and dress with any kind clothes( hawaians, mexicans, americans, european) the most importance is get your personal style. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Mr E Train

One Too Many
^^^^ Now that's a good match!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Not a fedora, but I'm wearing my Panama/boater with my numero uno favorite Hawaiian shirt, one I've washed hundreds of times and mowed grass in dozens, if not hundreds of times, which only seemed to improve its looks.

boatama7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24