Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
002zf.jpg

Great match, Rusty! Cool shirt that goes well with the lid. How 'bout a longer shot for the full effect?

RHY

One of the Regulars
Vintage Hawaiian shirts

Living in Honolulu, one of the oldest vintage Aloha shirt stores in Hawaii is located on Kapahulu Ave. near Waikiki. It is Bailey's Antiques and Aloha Shirts. Its website is: http://alohashirts.com/

Over the years, they have seem to have the largest inventory of classic and collectable shirts. I am sure that there are others out there, but this is the only one that I know of that has been around for the last 20+ years.

If you want some current ones, you can look for some under the Reyn's brand that are on some websites that I have seen. Reyn's has been a long standing local family run company for many years, but I dont' know if the family still owns it.

Redwoodjedi

One of the Regulars
ccajackson said:
Great combination of hat and shirt! You're inspiring me to break out a felt to go with an Aloha shirt, rather than just waiting for a good Panama.

Cheers,
C-C

I like my off white felt better with the Hawaiian shirts than the straw. It's crisper and the temps here where I live are very tolerable and temperate so there's no worry about swamping your lid with sweat.

ccajackson

Familiar Face
Redwoodjedi said:
I like my off white felt better with the Hawaiian shirts than the straw. It's crisper and the temps here where I live are very tolerable and temperate so there's no worry about swamping your lid with sweat.

That sounds like an excellent combination! How does the off-white hold up smudgewise?

C-C

ccajackson

Familiar Face
Redwoodjedi said:

Just saw your combination in the "What are you wearing today?" thread - that is a great look!

C-C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy