Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Mr E Train

One Too Many
campdraft0825101.jpg

This shirt and I have been through a lot together, and it's still kickin'. Hell, I got married in this shirt 10 years ago (it was a Vegas wedding lol ). The hat hasn't been through nearly as much--a couple of rainstorms, that's it--but I imagine it'll still be kickin' 10 years from now too.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr E Train said:
campdraft0825101.jpg

This shirt and I have been through a lot together, and it's still kickin'. Hell, I got married in this shirt 10 years ago (it was a Vegas wedding lol ). The hat hasn't been through nearly as much--a couple of rainstorms, that's it--but I imagine it'll still be kickin' 10 years from now too.
I think that's pretty sporty-looking.

Mr E Train said:
campdraft0825101.jpg

Great look Mr. E, very sportin':eusa_clap

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
4927839846_7e9d05755f_b.jpg

Mink Optimo with a bound pencil curl. It used to have a much nicer crease on it but I got caught in some hellish weather and kind of lost the crease and the ribbon lol. But the hat is still a relaxed favorite of mine.

That looks like a really nice hat. Are there any other photos of the hat itself in circulation?

Johnny Dollar

New in Town
i have to admit that with my aloha shirts, i leave the felt inside... here are my three favorite hats...

3805553963_3a0790dccf_z.jpg

panama-type with vintage barkcloth aloha shirt with tikis...

4744188734_253dd17957_z.jpg

vintage straw hat (snap brim?) with trader vic's reyn spooner...

4619040022_64c6cbac15.jpg

sunbody with a thriftstore find. sorry about the angry expression...

Last edited:

DocMustang

One of the Regulars
Here is a photo of my family and me.

Here In Florida, I regularly wear Hawaiian shirts. When I lived in Detroit, wore them daily to college. I live in them when I am not wearing a suit.
6535_1161676931495_1514975631_30397798_3212630_n.jpg

Lando

Practically Family
That looks like a really nice hat. Are there any other photos of the hat itself in circulation?
Here's another image of the hat. It was a really nice Optimo that I wore traveling that got pretty deformed after some intense rains and some tomfoolery gone wrong. So I reshaped it quickly on the trip and it's been like that since. I keep meaning to send it back to Optimo to get fixed up but then I worry it might just lose all the character.
5085027236_d28fc9aaa3_b.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
<< Ya know what, I don't have Hawaiian shirts, but I do have a bunch of dashikis. They are similar in spirit, afaic. I'll take some pics and post 'em tomorrow. >>

0530111937.jpg

I think these go as well with fedoras as Hawaiian shirts do, whatever that's worth.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points