Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Here are two more shirts I received today. Both are M's, just as the first one is, but they are cut a bit fuller - perfect for me, actually. Hope you like.

0414121428a.jpg

0414121434.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the compliments, guys. Bugg, I get them on ebay. I typed in 'hawaiian shirt' and then sifted through until I found shirts that had the size, colors, patterns, and characteristics (for me - cotton) I wanted. Don't go by S, M, L, etc. Those can be misleading. I go by my across-the-chest (armpit to armpit) and across the shoulder (top seam to top seam) measurements.

I also avoid sellers with less than 99% positive feedback. Anything less than that is looking for trouble, afaic.

Oh, and I generally don't wear straw hats. What you see on my head is the general type of hat I most favor.

Last edited:

Lando

Practically Family
Scottyrocks - Those are two very cool shirts. What's the material? Especially like the green one, goes great with the fedora. A good panama goes nice with them, yes, but that's all preference. For me, I tend to stick to light colored hats in the summer, and white I find goes with any Hawaiian shirt. If I could only wear one hat all summer, it would be a white all beaver fedora with a black band. How about you guys, one hat, all summer?

Buggnkat

Familiar Face

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Scottyrocks - Those are two very cool shirts. What's the material? Especially like the green one, goes great with the fedora. A good panama goes nice with them, yes, but that's all preference. For me, I tend to stick to light colored hats in the summer, and white I find goes with any Hawaiian shirt. If I could only wear one hat all summer, it would be a white all beaver fedora with a black band. How about you guys, one hat, all summer?

All my shirts are cotton. I'm not comfortable in anything else.

Yeah, when I saw that green shirt, I got all fluttery-eyed. :) It's perfect for my wardrobe. Then again, most Hawaiian shirts seem to go with anything.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I agree. I wear pretty much felt fedoras all year. I have a (not a great) panama, but I just prefer felts, wutc'nahtellya?

For me to wear a panama it'd have to be shaped much like my Feds, III or IV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass