Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Buggnkat

Familiar Face
Lando I am jealous, you have quit the collection of Hawaiian Shirts! LOOKIN GOOOOOOOD. I wear mine every Friday a tradition a Construction Manager friend of mine started when we worked at the brewery in St Louis! I am doing it now down here in NOLA. You can pick me out of the crowd at the Federal Center.... Good job and good taste!

Scotty, try it you will LOVE it. I get all kinds of comments most positive every once in a while I get "Hey Magnum whats up with that shirt", I just smile and say "You jealous you arent wearing one"?

Buggnkat

Familiar Face
A convert! HOORAY!

Enjoy, I shall dig my favorites for some links for you. One was from Hawaii itself. Kinda pricey, but for a good shirt and the comfort you get from the wear they are worth it!

Welcome to the inner circle of the Hawaiian Shirt Clan wear it proudly especially on Fridays!

DNO

One Too Many
I originally posted this on another thread but until it warms up around here it's the only shot I've got! Not a fedora, but a homburg, with a suitably subdued Hawaiian!

homburgx.png

Lando

Practically Family
I'll wear any style of hat with a Hawaiian shirt, but, my own fast rule is to avoid dark colored hats. It's a very nice homburg and the shirt is very cool as well sir. I just tend to separate the dark colors for the colder seasons and the lighter colors for the warmer seasons. That way everything gets its time. Granted, at the end of the day, you do what you want and make your own rules, so anything works lol. I have been eyeing up that Homburg Akubra does in a light tan though, just wish it has more of a brim.

Thanks for all the compliments. Life is too short to be serious all the time.
This is the first time I've really worn the big pencil roll fedora with my Hawaiian shirts. I have to say, a hat with a pencil roll on the brim, worn at an angle, adds a rakish sensibility to a Hawaiian shirt I didn't think was possible lol. It's like, I thought the line was here, and now I'm way over here laughing my ass off lol.
6923556164_05ef1d427a_b.jpg

7069635975_07b4f7ac8c_b.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Not the best picture, but here is the first of my Hawaiian shirts to arrive (modeled with fedora):

0412121758-1.jpg

I got it true to size instead of the usual one size up/too big I usually wear.

Last edited:

Buggnkat

Familiar Face
Scotty you picked a great shirt! I too like a touch oversized on my shirts (I live where it is hot and humid 11 months out of a year) so it makes them easy on you when its hot.

Good show!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys. Does the shirt look like it fits properly? Too small? Big? My wife is used to seeing me in big stuff so she thinks its small, but the shoulders are in the right place, and there is some (enough) room, but it doesn't fit like a tent.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Thanks, guys. Does the shirt look like it fits properly? Too small? Big? My wife is used to seeing me in big stuff so she thinks its small, but the shoulders are in the right place, and there is some (enough) room, but it doesn't fit like a tent.

I think that it fits properly. That's the way that I like to wear mine, but after I've lost some weight, mine are a little large.

Looks just fine, especially with a t-shirt under it. Main thing is it comfortable to you? That is what these shirts are all about = comfort, color & style!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points