Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

Lord Stirling

Familiar Face
After the car show with my '65 Mercury Park Lane Breezeway!

14t6gk6.jpg

Attachments

• rps20141206_202254.jpg
    rps20141206_202254.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Lord Stirling

Familiar Face
This is my girl Jacqueline; Jackie for short :)

rps20141206_215717.jpg

Check out the rear windshield! It rolls down! All power windows, seats, steering, etc...
rps20141206_215747.jpg

rps20141206_215901.jpg

rps20141206_220029.jpg

rps20141206_220059.jpg

Lord Stirling

Familiar Face
Oh man I bet that '63 was cool! Before '65 the Mercs were all rounded and space aged looking. Cool to have a Breezeway on one of those! What color was it?

His was gold, more like a champagne beige, really.
There's a thread here in the FL somewhere to show off your ride. I think it might be under 'the golden era' forum. You should post it up there. There's a few other FoMoCo guys around who would appreciate it. Pics of my '61 Galaxie are in there somewhere, too.

Lord Stirling

Familiar Face
Since Che pitched his Fu, here's what I consider the Citizen Kane of Kung Fu flicks:

70189287.jpg

Oh man, if you guys want to see the best martial arts action flicks out there, watch the films starring Tony Jaa!!

If you haven't seen them, you've seen nothing like them.
Tony Jaa does all his own stunts. He doesn't use any wires. His moves, acrbatics, and precision is unparalleled.

Bruce Lee would have given this guy a medal. Tony Jaa is absolutely incredible.

There aren't a ton of fedoras, but there are some.

51J0YJPHB2L.jpg

Ong_Bak_2_Poster.jpg

MV5BMTc3MjkyMzk4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQxMDg5Mw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

MV5BMTc2NjE0NTA5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTkxNDUzMQ@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

MV5BMTk1MTMwMzE0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTMyOTYyMTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

protector_2a.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Today in Waikiki I visited Newt's at the Royal, a high-grade purveyor of Montecristi Panama hats and Aloha shirts. Here I am in my Brent Optimo and a vintage-themed Aloha from Newt's.

a4af84f9f82e057dd31401973dd8eb43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregNYC

One Too Many
I did get two shirts. They were very interesting vintage prints in cotton. One is called "bark cloth," with a subtle fluted texture. I'd never seen an Aloha shirt fabric like this. (And I once spent three hours in Bailey's on Kapahulu Ave.!). Anyway, more info soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barkcloth is good stuff Greg! The natives originally made it by soaking the bark of trees and pounding it into thin sheets with rocks. Cotton barkcloth was originally used for upholstery and drapes, but soldiers stationed in Hawaii prior to, during, and after ww2 popularized it as a garment fabric. It was a pretty common choice for shirts through the 60s.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Greg, I'm just loving the shirt, and that Montecristi is to die for. Here in London, we have had an absolute licorice allsort of a winter. High winds, freezing days, warmer days, heavy rain, the odd lovely winter sunshine, but nothing that you might describe as: Tropical shirt weather. But today, well after envying your predicament, I just couldn't wait to wear the shirt that my wife made me for a Christmas present. Teamed up with a panama fedora, similar trousers to those that you are wearing, two tone spectator shoes; and when it turned chilly, a leather coat.

Perhaps it was because it was London and not Waikiki that I got so many strange looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner