Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Great kickoff, Mike!!
Agreed, that Stetson is superb, a good match to the shirt.

I wonder if any of you could help, there's a hat worn by Christopher Lee, where he's playing the part of Sherlock Holmes, in the movie:
"Incident at Victoria Falls." It's similar to, but not quite like Mike's. To see Lee's hat clearly, scroll along the film to exactly five minutes.
Then watch for a full ninety seconds, you will see the hat in distance and close up. Please impart your knowledge fellas.

[video=youtube;xwH0f2b32Tc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwH0f2b32Tc[/video]

Last edited:

Chaps

One of the Regulars
While I haven't posted in quite some time, looking at all these great photos of lids and Hawaiian shirts has made me want to start wearing my Hawaiian shirts more. Keep the wonderful pics coming.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
So nice to be wearing Panama's for a change....

2eevm80.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks fellas! In the spirit OG! Panama's and Hawaiian shirts are a perfect match.

GHT, the video resolution makes it hard to determine the hat. I assumed it was a fine weave straw but in the end it looked to be felt. If it was felt, I actually think it's probably a womans hat, also because of the unusual ribbon. It wouldn't seem out of character for Holmes to don a woman's hat ;) Here's a link for some similar straws, check out the Havana and Plantation styles: http://www.panamahatsdirect.com/panama-hat-Styles.htm

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Fantastic combination SBG! Glad to know it gets warm enough up there. I cracked up when I read that your Hawaiian shirt was a Pendleton too. I salute your brand loyalty.:D

I live in central AL and I wear Hawaiian shirts all the time. We have a nice, long season for them.:D

I do see a lot of other folks wearing them during the summer, but I am in Birmingham, so that might make a difference from where you are.

Nice looking palm tree shirt.
Wow, you wouldn't believe how close we live together. Lol!
Well, I have purchased a few more shorts and am wearing them everyday now. I've gone Hawaiian shirt crazy I think. Plus watching Elvis' 'Blue Hawaii as well as Hawaii Five-0 and Magnum P.I nightly. Weather is hot and humid here and the rayon shirts re the most comfortable shirts I have...even more than t-shirts. Light and breezy! :)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I am channeling hawaiian shirt and straw wearing weather this morning. It has warmed up to 63'F, 10:47am, already!

i-TXF3TNV-M.jpg

Felling anxious for the upcoming summer months, Eric -

(Vtg. Stetson panama, Hilo Hattie and an Old Guy's Rule t-shirt are the specifics.)

A bit reticent to post these pics, but yesterday we attended a multiple birthday celebration, too. My daughter and I are within a week of each other's. One of us turned 60, and one turned 30, and I'm not saying who...

Wearing an Art Fawcett Milan, and a shirt that used to belong to Tommy Bahama.
1HPOWHXL.jpg

The house was on fire when I was dressing yesterday. Our friend Laura still wanted a photo. Believe it or not, Pendleton shorts (not wool, thankfully).
FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21