Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks fellas and the shirt survived a spaghetti dinner too.

Let's see some more posts before the summer's over, fall seems to already be in the air

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Vintage Emerson lid with a cheapie Eddie Bauer pseudo aloha shirt. Visiting family and I didn't grab any of my good shirts this time around :-(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440870010.518400.jpg

Anything's going to look good with that lid, HeyMoe. The important thing is...you're chilling and relaxing in style. Hope there's some cold refreshments around there somewhere.

Moe, I think we get too caught up in what's authentic or not. It's been said here before, it's the spirit of what you're wearing. That lid, that shirt and the background, looks perfect to me. As dh said, I hope there were appropriate beverages around.

Moe, I think we get too caught up in what's authentic or not. It's been said here before, it's the spirit of what you're wearing...
Years ago my wife and I had been invited to a casual backyard barbecue gathering with family and friends, and just to be a wise guy I shopped around to find the loudest, brightest, most obnoxious Hawaiian shirt I could find to wear to the gathering. When I showed the shirt I'd bought to a good friend who has a pretty sizable collection of Hawaiian shirts, he immediately looked at the manufacturer's label and said, "Oh, wow, that's a [*manufacturer's name]. You got a good one!" Not being an aficionado, my first thought was, "There's a difference?" lol

*Sorry, I don't recall who the manufacturer was. Hilo Hattie, I think, but I'm not going to swear to it.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Here I'm wearing my (more or less vintage) Brooks Brothers Cuenca (Optimo style) hat, which received a new ribbon (puggaree) arrived from Fort Wayne, courtesy of Mr. Bob Weber. The shirt is a Karnakula, made in Indonesia. I've never got used, yet, to making those tablet selfies, and the Belgian Hawaii tropical forest is amply featured in the background.

IMG_20150831_173744.jpg

Yes indeed! Looks great Pablo. Turn up a few of those good Belgian beers for me while you're kickin' it there in the tropics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk