Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heather and Yon...

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Brando bump
tumblr_ljv4rw0S7C1qdwl9jo1_500.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I recently purchased a heather Portis porkpie from Sam (aka Casechopper) that was a tad too big for me and that had some duly noted moth-bite issues. I really am drawn to that heather felt, and it's such a rarity to find in larger sizes, so off it went to a capable hat wizard. I figured it could be flipped inside out to hide the moth action, be re-blocked from porkpie to fedora, get a fresh sweatband, and be graced with a mid-ribbon to match its brim binding. I am happy to report that Mr. Tom Gomez was up to the task! Pictures to follow. :)

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Redone hat has arrived. Kudos to Tom Gomez for his meticulous work and excellent communication throughout the process. If you have any fedoras that need reworked, I highly recommend him.

This will be worn often, I think, as it is casual and versatile enough to go with just about anything. If it looks awful, don't tell me!

imagejpg1-6.jpg

Last edited:

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
Looks great! I need to take some pictures of my "ash" grey heather Optimo, which my be the hat I wear most often in winter.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Too bad Garrett isn't posting anymore, he could add pages to this thread. Here's one of his amazing heathers featuring purple/blues/greens/grays/golds/maybe more. This pix doesn't do it justice:

Or something from your own hand, the only heather I own:

navarre

Vendor
Here is a new one that showed up today

It had a textured brim which is interesting. The ridges have worn away in the front of the brim where I assume it was handled the most or perhaps ironed to smooth it out at some point. Either way, It has some really nice colors and the heatered felt is still in great shape.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk