Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heather and Yon...

Here is a 1940s lightweight Dobbs Gay Prince with a heather felt - different from the more often seen suede finish felt on this model.

gaylight2.jpg

AndyR

One of the Regulars
I'm really liking this look, especially the Dobbs Gay Prince. I like that edge treatment (stitching). The ribbon is interesting in that it's much like the one that came on my Havana Panama hat (No bow. Just that small loop). Great hats and images too, Alan.

Andy

I've been avoiding this thread, as I don't (yet) own a heather finished hat. NOW I want one. Alan, you have done it again... And Steve is right on about your Hawes!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I've been avoiding this thread, as I don't (yet) own a heather finished hat. NOW I want one. Alan, you have done it again... And Steve is right on about your Hawes!

+1. Alan your pics show the hats well. Heathered felt adds dimension to fedora. The pics certainly create desire.

Thanks for sharing on the thread and bringing additional deserved attention to these rare beauties sir. Eric -

Thanks! and sorry for the mug shots... I couldn't find other photos of the Dobbs heather or Misto.

Steve, the Hawes makes me smile too. If Garrett were still here, he would be joining us. :)

seabass

Call Me a Cab
OK Now were Talkin Hats !
5 pages of pure hat joy & a great resurrection of a short but sweet thread..........

my fave is Alans Dobbs Cross country & if you would Alan post up more of that particular hat
though all are spectacular...........
che

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
This type of felt requires a premise: its greatest particularity is to continually change color according to the angle of the light.
This is its beauty.
Flechet French made
1z6xco8.jpg

Very soft felt with various grey shades
330zg40.jpg

It is a very grey tone in some light, more blue in others
241mqlv.jpg

What I like more is the texture
2mi0uc0.jpg

navarre

Vendor
Awesome hats guys! Glad to see this old thread getting some new additions.

I love the two natural tones Alan and that Dobb's is excellent. Very close in color to one Garrett has here for a rebuild. Such a cool color that I keep telling him that I am just going to keep it.

Great close ups Daniel. They really show off the felt I really like that ribbon on the Bantam

This old Mayser Talpa Velour is a mix of colors but looks like one color from a distance. In this case the color and finish mimic the fur of a European Mole "Talpa". This is one of my finest felts.

7639187060_878f3f5701_b.jpg

Here is a closer photo of the felt.

18240194519_cdd7a25165_c.jpg

Talpa

European-mole-feeding-on-earthworm.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW