Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heavily Modded Veste de Rallaye

Worf

I'll Lock Up
This is my third Aero... second used, funny part is I paid for this one long before I got the other two. I bought this jacket used last year but it was being repaired at Aero JUST as the "Cow vs. Horse" bomb dropped. As a result they couldn't get to this jacket till January 2013. Those in the know will remember that this was originally owned by our good friend G-Man (name changed to protect the guilty). Well he's skinnyed up some so like Butte and some others... this jacket has wended its merry way to me. Too many mods to list... double breasted, button side cinch... etc... I should've gotten the sleeves shortened while the jacket was in Scotland but I had see for myself. As you can tell from the pics the sleeves are rolled up and rubber bands are holding em closed. I like the jacket too much to let the local, leather lady mess with it. I'll probably have the sleeves shortned at U.S. Authentic sometime this year.

Let me know what you think.

IMG_1038_zps7fcbd83e.jpg

Side Frront

IMG_1036_zps385ef1d7.jpg

Side Back

IMG_1032_zpscfcbe52f.jpg

Front

IMG_1037_zps3c8f4bbc.jpg

Back.

I love this jacket. It fits like a glove cept for the over-long sleeves.

Worf

wdw

One Too Many
Worf, it looks real good on you, but I can't see any likeness at all to a Veste de Rallye, not even heavily modded. It looks pretty unique, and not in a bad way.

Shame about the sleeves, but you're getting away with it by rolling them up. Another good buy.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Worf, it looks real good on you, but I can't see any likeness at all to a Veste de Rallye, not even heavily modded. It looks pretty unique, and not in a bad way.

Shame about the sleeves, but you're getting away with it by rolling them up. Another good buy.

I know... but that's what he said it was when he had it made. Looks more like a mooded Luftwaffe Flying jacket to moi but you know Aero doesn't make sech a thing. I'm sure it was made during Will and Amanda "anything goes" days but I'm NOT complaining.

Worf

wdw

One Too Many
If anything, I'd say it was a cross between a shortened Mariner and a Teamster, then modded some more. Possibly even a test pattern for a new design.

It would be interesting to get Aero's thoughts on it, but it'll be from before Ken and Holly's return.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I like it a lot. Great looking jacket and should be no problem having the sleeves shortened. Much better too long than too short!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Just got the word from the previous owner... This jacket is based on a "Cossack". I don't know if that closer or further away! LOL!

Worf

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
That certainly is a very handsome jacket Worf, as has been mentioned I have no idea how it started out as a Veste de Rallye but it is a unique beaut of a jacket!

D

IXL

One Too Many
Too late for that. I started out at 355 lbs... and I'm now closing in on 285. Trust me, I've already skinnied up a bit.

Worf

That's a good bit of weight! I'm sure that took some determination. But if you drop "too" much, you will have some good stuff for ebay, unless you can trade with someone who is going the other way!

Graemsay

Practically Family
That's my old jacket. It was always a size or so too big, and I'm not the man I was. It fits Worf a lot better than it ever did me, so I think that it was actually made for him, I just didn't realise it at the time. I'm glad it's found a good home. :)

It was actually a Cossack that was heavily chopped. I was aiming more for something along the lines of what became the Radjacke.

Oh, and knowing just how big that jacket is, I'd suggest that we're all very nice to Mr. Worf... :eeek:

tonypaj

Practically Family
You know, instead of the rubber bands you might try understated cufflinks.

Heavy "understated cufflinks", mind you... And Worf, you are farther away :) However, I liked this one from the first thread, still do. I'd leave the sleeves alone, if you can figure out the fastener. Two pieces of metal connected with a very short chain, or something like that...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
That's my old jacket. It was always a size or so too big, and I'm not the man I was. It fits Worf a lot better than it ever did me, so I think that it was actually made for him, I just didn't realise it at the time. I'm glad it's found a good home. :)

It was actually a Cossack that was heavily chopped. I was aiming more for something along the lines of what became the Radjacke.

Oh, and knowing just how big that jacket is, I'd suggest that we're all very nice to Mr. Worf... :eeek:

Thanks for the love Graeme I wasn't going to put your name in it unless you were good with that. Some folks on here are funny about such things. Yes... it is VERY similar to a Radjacke but with two ros of button's and a snap down collar. I really like this baby and had no idea it would be so noticable. The guys at work are very sharp eyed about such things and always notice a new jacket. The hooted me on this one from the start. 2 of the three were on me about my recent "leather obsession". I took it in good fun.

Thanks again Graeme.

Worf

Graemsay

Practically Family
Glad you're happy, and the jacket deserves far more wear than it was getting in my wardrobe.

Enjoy it. I know you will. :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Dave, I would be curious to see a picture of your wearing the jacket with the cuffs buttoned and without the gloves. If the sleeves are not too terribly long, it might be worthwhile just living with longer than usual sleeves until you need to ship back to Aero for a lining replacement. I would be very careful of having the sleeves shortened too much. In any case, that is a dynamite looking piece of leather.:)

Will015

Familiar Face
Worf or Graemsay: Are the buttons that the half belt attach to reinforced from the inside with another button? That seems like the leather could eventually tear there. That is no offense met towards the big guy, that just seems like a lot of stress for a single button sewn to a single thickness of leather to take. BTW, excellent fit.

,Will

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Worf or Graemsay: Are the buttons that the half belt attach to reinforced from the inside with another button? That seems like the leather could eventually tear there. That is no offense met towards the big guy, that just seems like a lot of stress for a single button sewn to a single thickness of leather to take. BTW, excellent fit.

,Will

I wouldn't worry, Even though I have it on the closest button the sides aren't cinched so tight as to have the buttons straining for dear life. It's there to "accent" my waist no hold in my gut! No offense taken... I'm not that vain, if I had it that tight I'd loosen the darn thing. All the buttons on the jacket are back reinforced and most are sandwhiched between the leathers.. They might "work loose" thread wise over time but tear? I doubt it.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace