Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help finding decent boxers

Maxxmitten

New in Town
Please help with some suggestions. I can' find cotton boxers with decent elastic. Before too long they won't stay up. I am not overweight, so the elastic shouldn't be wearing out that quickly. I have enough of a butt that they shouldn't just slide down my pants.

Looking for new, not vintage, underwear. :oops:

I want natural fibers, and old-style cut, not the modern pouch boxer briefs, preferably with legs long enough that they don't ride up to my business.

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
The elastic in all of my boxer briefs (the type with legs) would wear out in short order. That's why I went with jockey shorts. I use the Jockey brand. Elastic is long wearing–never had a problem with it.

Maxxmitten

New in Town
The elastic in all of my boxer briefs (the type with legs) would wear out in short order. That's why I went with jockey shorts. I use the Jockey brand. Elastic is long wearing–never had a problem with it.
Thank you. For no reason, I totally forgot about Jockey. I'm sure I've had some, at some point, but it was a long time ago.

Edward

Bartender
Another option is to go repop milspec - with no elastic to worry about. I've been tempted to try these, though for me they work out a little expensive to buy enough for daily wear. I buy pretty much all of mine in Sainsbury's Supermarket here in the UK at three for a tenner. The elastic tends to hold up well over a couple of years, decent cotton to them too. Not much use to you in the US, though, I know.

https://www.whatpriceglory.com/shop...xact=&atleast=&without=&cprice=&searchfields=

Maxxmitten

New in Town
Another option is to go repop milspec - with no elastic to worry about. I've been tempted to try these, though for me they work out a little expensive to buy enough for daily wear. I buy pretty much all of mine in Sainsbury's Supermarket here in the UK at three for a tenner. The elastic tends to hold up well over a couple of years, decent cotton to them too. Not much use to you in the US, though, I know.

https://www.whatpriceglory.com/shop...xact=&atleast=&without=&cprice=&searchfields=
Thank you, Edward. I had not seen anything like those. The summer version is interesting.

Edward

Bartender
Thank you, Edward. I had not seen anything like those. The summer version is interesting.

Yes, I'm tempted to try those at some point myself. Designed for wearing under hefty Battledress in Summer heat, I think they might do well under my denim in the same conditions. Not cheap, but still interesting to try...

Maxxmitten

New in Town
Yes, I'm tempted to try those at some point myself. Designed for wearing under hefty Battledress in Summer heat, I think they might do well under my denim in the same conditions. Not cheap, but still interesting to try...
Is it really any more expensive than buying cheap stuff every year? I am trying to buy fewer items that last longer, but underwear with this quality is hard to find. It's not a heavy wear item, so theoretically is should be possible to get a few years out of them.

Edward

Bartender
Is it really any more expensive than buying cheap stuff every year? I am trying to buy fewer items that last longer, but underwear with this quality is hard to find. It's not a heavy wear item, so theoretically is should be possible to get a few years out of them.

Weeelll, that's the eternal question. I'm getting several years out of the cheap pairs I buy now. If these could be guaranteed to run well over a decade, then they'd probably be worth it for sure. It's not so much the price of a single pair, more that I like to have at least a week's worth of clean underwear at any one time; seven pairs of these start to get pricey. It's my own issue, but I struggle to spend the big money on something that's, well, hidden all the time. Nonetheless, a couple of pairs of these for days when I'm likely to be outside the whole time might still be worth it.

Yancy.41

New in Town
Duluth Trading Company has a variety of underwear in various styles and materials/fabrics. I’ve found their underwear products to be long lasting.

pkillahmillah

New in Town
Hi all,

I've been having similar problems with boxers.

At this point, I've given up trying to find it, and am beginning to try to create something new myself. Something that doesn't need elastic, and that is immune to being shuffled out of place when worn.

If you are up for it, I would really love to hear your criticisms or thoughts. Things like what would you change, or what did I miss.

I made a silly explainer video here:

No pressure or anything though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk