Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help ID my new leather!

Kniperider

New in Town
I picked up this awesome jacket today for a great price. I’m wondering if anyone out there can help me identify the era/year, country of manufacture and can maybe decipher the label that’s barely readable. I’m in Perth Australia if that helps but the jacket could be from the Uk or the US.

5C76422C-1196-4251-8B70-F59F3D6CF331.jpeg 6A1ABC7C-9F3C-4B00-B35A-A67486873D44.jpeg F69D180F-4E76-4B50-B3CC-9DB523776161.jpeg B5D0C53A-0FA4-4D07-8647-89E8967DFD1F.jpeg
ECC87533-2F99-4B9A-8226-3A8C8D9DEBD5.jpeg

A7663F4F-4C74-4514-8D87-E08C1A839B20.jpeg

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Doesn't that say CCCP in the top? Also i see cyrillic in the bottom right no?

My guess would be made in Russia in the 70s-80s. We have a few russian members that might be able to give you more info.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
It is a soviet era SHEVRETKA JACKET. I would say 70's. The main zipper was often used in flight gear. I personally used them when I flew. The zipper is actually an imitation of the bulletproof riri. They came up with the double metal bottom female/male holder. In the past, I have given credit to this type of zipper as the strongest #10 I have seen. The teeth of other flight gear are huge and excellent nickel plated. Just solid. However, maybe they were actually made riri for the soviets. Who knows... Yours, I see might be the smaller size zipper and in a brass plated finish.

Last edited:

Kniperider

New in Town
It is a soviet era SHEVRETKA JACKET. I would say 70's. The main zipper was often used in flight gear. I personally used them when I flew. The zipper is actually an imitation of the bulletproof riri. They came up with the double metal bottom female/male holder. In the past, I have given credit to this type of zipper as the strongest #10 I have seen. The teeth of other flight gear are huge and excellent nickel plated. Just solid. However, maybe they were actually made riri for the soviets. Who knows... Yours, I see might be the smaller size zipper and in a brass plated finish.
thanks! This is great information. Do have any thoughts on its value? I’ve seen similar ranging from $250 to $1200! I’m still deciding whether it’s one to keep and wear or to catch and release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ