Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help identifying a DOBBS fedora...

Shirley Films

New in Town
Hello.

A while back, I got a "Vintage Dobbs Grey Fedora" from eBay. Of my 10+ fedoras, this one has become my favorite. I would really like to find another one of the same model, different color - but I don't even know what kind of hat it is. The eBay listing was not informative.

The tag is still inside the hat. It includes the following info:

R20 RS051 7 1/8 20.00
044 DAWN F56191

Can anyone tell me which of these is the "model number" that might help me search for more of this hat?

Also, if anyone is a Dobbs expert, can you tell me what year this hat was made?

I dream of one day finding the same hat in BLACK. Dream, being the operative word.

Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Photo1: http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac311/shirleyfilms/photo 2-5.jpg
Photo2: http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac311/shirleyfilms/photo 3-3.jpg

Last edited:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
This particular Dobbs was made in Texas by either Koracorp, 1972-1979, or Levi Strauss, 1979 to 1980-ish. Based on the price it's most likely 1972-1979 Koracorp. We have no idea which of the numbers Koracorp used would be the equivalent of the reorder number, though if I had to guess I'd say F56191 is the closest thing.

Brad
~The Hatted Professor

Shirley Films

New in Town
This particular Dobbs was made in Texas by either Koracorp, 1972-1979, or Levi Strauss, 1979 to 1980-ish. Based on the price it's most likely 1972-1979 Koracorp. We have no idea which of the numbers Koracorp used would be the equivalent of the reorder number, though if I had to guess I'd say F56191 is the closest thing.

Brad
~The Hatted Professor

Thanks Brad! I really appreciate you taking the time to write me back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany