Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Identifying this Denim Jacket

BClayton

New in Town
Can anyone identify this Denim Jacket?
IMG_6342.png

dep126

Familiar Face
Do television programs still list the clothing provider for hosts during the credits? I remember seeing “so and so’s wardrobe provided by x designer” on old television shoes. Might be able to narrow it down that way?

Edward

Bartender
Looks like a fairly standard Type 3, though those extra seams / stitching on the upper chest are probably a dead giveaway to someone familiar with the brand. Somebody much more techie than I could probably sharpen the image and zoom in on the buttons - I'd be very surprised if they don't have an identifiable brand name on them.

Edward

Bartender
Do television programs still list the clothing provider for hosts during the credits? I remember seeing “so and so’s wardrobe provided by x designer” on old television shoes. Might be able to narrow it down that way?

Good call. I' not familiar with who the presenter is - looks like a judge on a television show? - but if I'm reading the shot right, it looks like product placement is a thing here, so the clothing may well be part of that, and they might well list it in the credits. (Here in the UK PP is allowed on commercial channels, subject to some restrictions, but as long as they display the 'PP' logo at the start of the show and after ad breaks, there's no obligation to identify the source of, or even what products are bein placed.)

hjv2

Familiar Face
Not your typical Type 3. Never seen a back like that. Looks just weird and fussy.

vlcsnap-2023-06-08-09h58m56s227.png

It's something high-fashion. Denim jacket is extremely in this year so there's too many to go through on Lyst, over 4000, but that is where I'd try to find it.

It's very D&G but it's not them.

Edward

Bartender
Not your typical Type 3. Never seen a back like that. Looks just weird and fussy.

View attachment 523722

Ah - that makes more sense of the additional stitching over the front.

It's something high-fashion. Denim jacket is extremely in this year so there's too many to go through on Lyst, over 4000, but that is where I'd try to find it.

It's very D&G but it's not them.

I'd assume so - either one of the big fashion houses or some uber-obscure Japanese denim label. I suppose this is reflective of the fact that there's only so far you can go to shake-up the basic denim jacket. With that bit on the back, though, it's so distinctive it must be identifiable.

Edward

Bartender
Nailed it.

Too bad about the back, never saw that until after.

But thank you to everyone who replied! Blackadder found it!

It's not for me, but it's an interesting feature. If anything. it makes more sense of the extra lines on the front. The price, though - yeesh. I still struggle with the idea of a modern Type three at anything over a tonne....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy