Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help identifying this style of dress?

beth

Familiar Face
I know these pictures are not from the Golden Era, but does anyone one know what this type of dress is called? Did they have a similar style in the 40's or 50's?

Picture3.png

Picture1.png

beth

Familiar Face
Hmm... You are right, it does kind of look like a romper. Okay, so maybe this kind of dress doesn't have a definite name. Thanks!

swinggal

One Too Many
As a dress, it's too short for the 40s. Shorts and the beach playsuits were worn that short, but not dresses for everyday wear. Has a very 60s feel to me.

beth

Familiar Face
Okay, I thought the length looked pretty short, but thought maybe there was a longer 'version' from the 50's. It must just be an 80's style. Thank you ladies!

crwritt

One Too Many
Okay, I thought the length looked pretty short, but thought maybe there was a longer 'version' from the 50's. It must just be an 80's style. Thank you ladies!
The top is blouson with cut-on, puffed sleeves and horizontal pleating. If the skirt was longer, and flared, it could be 50's.Like this one http://www.sovintagepatterns.com/catalog/item/3907053/7425693.htm If the waistline was more at the hip, it could be a 20's style.If the skirt was slim and long, it could be 30's.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff