Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me accessorize this Outfit!

Bombshell Becca

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
Do you have any heel height, cost or other preferences?

I would like a high heel (3 in to 4 in, I found some that would work but they were more like 5 in + & I was afraid of breaking mt ankle)

My favorite look is a covered platform with a almond toe, but I am open to other looks as well. As for price, I am trying to stay under $100.

Inky

One Too Many
Alrightie ladies, I finally got my beautiful NOS peplum dress and it fits perfectly - it's probably a tad too long but i don't want to hem it so it'll stay as is.

I need help accessorizing. I'm wearing it to a 20th High School reunion (my husbands) which is being held in a Barn in Michigan. No matter what I wear I'll be overdressed, so I'm wearing this.

I was planning on wearing the red shoes, but I sort of like it with the soft gold platforms too. What say you?

4704312653_e893c46fbe.jpg

4687378289_d87d4f1be3.jpg

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I have to say red, though I may be biased since it's my favorite color, and I just bought a new pair of fabulous red shoes. BUT here's my caveat: only wear red shoes with a neutral or pale dress if you're wearing other red accessories too, ie a red bolero, purse, gloves, hat, jewelry or some such. I think it would look awesome with red accessories :)

Inky

One Too Many
Gracie Lee said:
I have to say red, though I may be biased since it's my favorite color, and I just bought a new pair of fabulous red shoes. BUT here's my caveat: only wear red shoes with a neutral or pale dress if you're wearing other red accessories too, ie a red bolero, purse, gloves, hat, jewelry or some such. I think it would look awesome with red accessories :)

i have flaming red hair, does that count? :D i don't want to over accessorize with too much since it's a casual affair.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I'm with Lady Day on this one - I think the dress itself is your focal point and that you want your accessories to not take attention away from the dress. I prefer the more neutral shoes with this dress.

Fabulous dress btw!

Inky

One Too Many
well the consensus is......i shall take both pairs with me and see how I feel on that day - i can't decide and keep going back and forth.

Typically I am a matchy-matchy sort of girl and I wish i had neutral wedges - but the pair I had I dyed blue to go with something else - I shall have to order a pair eventually :)

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
How about this: Since it's a more casual affair, let your dress do all the talking and wear the gold shoe. For something a little fancier, then you can go with a whole "outfit" with red shoes, red purse, red jewelry, or whatever. Does that make sense?

Inky

One Too Many
Wire9Vintage said:
How about this: Since it's a more casual affair, let your dress do all the talking and wear the gold shoe. For something a little fancier, then you can go with a whole "outfit" with red shoes, red purse, red jewelry, or whatever. Does that make sense?

it definitely does Wire9Vintage, thank you, and it's currently my plan. I have a neutral hand tooled purse that I may use - but I will take both on our trip and then I can see how I feel that evening :)

i seriously need a red hat now!

Drappa

One Too Many
Hello ladies,

I am attending the wedding of my best friend in Hamburg this October and will be a witness as well. Since there are two brides and no groom, the dress code is a bit unconventional and nobody will be wearing a wedding gown, so I didn't go all out in order to not outdo the dresses of the couple.
I just ordered this Trashy Diva dress and need some help with the rest, from hair and hat (?) to bag etc. The ceremony is at 11am and the evening do at 7pm, and we will be together and in town all day, so I doubt I will change.
40Sdresscherries1.JPG

I also bought some non-vintage shoes today because I loved them and they are shiny:
1164213040_main.jpg

and am wearing this faux fur cape in case it gets cold in the evening:
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs...1_087010531960_-1?breadcrumb=Home~txtfur+cape

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Drappa love, are you going to be alright wearing those heels for so long? Perhaps take a spare pair in your handbag, if it's big enough..?

I agree with Puzz on the hat, but I vote black. x

Drappa

One Too Many
Thanks for the suggestions! I don't actually own any vintage hats yet, but tried some on yesterday and the ones I loved were all either blue or purple, but I'll keep looking. I found a fascinator on Ebay with cherries on top, but couldn't decide whether it would be a bit overkill? Listing ended with no bids, so might come up again.
The shoes are really super comfortable, and it was a toss-up between these and a pair of sensible, lower heeled black suede ones that looked much more vintage. Hubby favoured the black ones, but they were actually not that comfortable around the toes. I was thinking of packing some lower ones just in case.
I am also thinking of seamed stockings and found black ones with red seams, but again not sure if it's a bit too much?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael