Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me choose the elastic color for my Carmina chelsea custom order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordo

New in Town
Hi All,

I'm making my first custom order of Carmina chelsea boots (80216). The leather color will be Bourbon codovan. What I'm having a difficult time choosing is the elastic band color.

I would appreciate some advice (especially if you've gone through this process before) considering the website order page is all rendered in 3D and I have no clue if any of that is accurate.

I iniitially thought I'd go with chestnut which looks unoffensive

Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 9.40.24 AM.png

But then I saw red...

Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 9.40.42 AM.png

And orange...

Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 9.40.49 AM.png

And camel...

Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 9.41.06 AM.png

...and now I'm suffering from some serious decision fatigue. They all look good, but I can't tell if these are truly reflective of what the actual colors will look in general, and against the leather. The rendered lighting look like it's in a studio or a Carmina store.

Would appreciate any advice you can give. I'm leaning towards orange but I've never seen orange rendered in a way where it looks like it's almost a dark ruby.

Thanks!

Cordo

New in Town
Maybe this forum is more appropriate for questions like yours?

Lately I'm not sure anymore what the outerwear section of TFL is about though. Apparently we're discussing shoe trees, leather under a microscope and the durability of lambskin fashion boots.
Ah thanks. I thought that thread had been deleted. Was using the search function and just could not find it.

Maybe this forum is more appropriate for questions like yours?

Lately I'm not sure anymore what the outerwear section of TFL is about though. Apparently we're discussing shoe trees, leather under a microscope and the durability of lambskin fashion boots.
Agreed, A plethora of threads with zero business in the outerwear section.

Had to scroll few times up and down to even see the difference. I can see it now but... It's just such a tiny difference. But in any case and for what its worth, I'd go with either 1. or 2.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I wouldn't be so sure of that. The description of this section specifies it's for boots and shoes as well...

View attachment 602002
"Everything to complete the vintage working man's look."

I'd say these are modern dress shoes rather than vintage working man's boots. But that's just my opinion.

Now back on topic. I don't think it matters all that much, your pants will cover most of the elastic band anyways.

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
horse.gif

anyways @Cordo, I'd go with chestnut or orange... but pick what appeals to you
tbh nobody's gonna care enough to look at the elastic bands on your Chelsea's - if their eyes are drawn to anything, it's just gonna be the sleek front and the shell cordovan

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
If you were ten years younger, I’d call that typical Gen Z behaviour. Coming to a place were nobody knows you, making zero meaningful contribution and picking a fight with an elder.

Poor form and lack of social skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner