Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HELP PLEASE...threads for vintage cell phone rings?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I KNOW!! What's the world come to when a Bartender has to go cap-in-hand to the masses and ask: "Can you point me in the direction of 'that' thread which advises where to find vintage ring tones for my cell phone?!!"

I just cannot find it/them ..try as I might [huh]

I can remember members suggesting online places to download 1930's phone rings and also telegraph ticker sounds..etc.

Can anyone help this miserably lost Irishman...please...:eek:

Thanks in advance...!!!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PC or Mac?

I can't help you for the PC, but the App Store on ITunes has a free app called 1001 Free Ringtones that had an old phone ring, a nice "ah-OO'ga" car horn and some other fun ones.

Also, with the IPhone, you can make your own ringtones in ITunes from any recorded sound you like.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Found this one...

http://www.zedge.net/ringtones/921/nokia-n73-ringtones/0-6-1-antique/

I'm a real technophobe with two left hands!! so if 'I' can handle this, anyone can. You first of all set it up for your phone brand and model, then go to the phone sound, it gives you a code (letters and numbers). Go onto your phone internet browser and pop in the internet address, then go to the CODE BOX and pop in the code you were given on your PC. Bob's your Uncle...it goes onto your phone for you to choose as your ring setting!!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks Sara.

It's a TG01 I have (Toshiba smartphone). The link I found (posted above) is really easy and free to use to get OLD/VINTAGE ring tones to the phone.

Now looking for a telegraph tick-tick-tick sound to download for SMS messages.

Bunny

New in Town
Thanks for the link! I love it!

Although they don't have my phone brand on thier site.... it's an LG8700...

*tear*

I've kept the link though and I'll be back when I upgrade my phone for sure!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot