Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with location in Chicago

Vornholt

One of the Regulars
I'm hoping someone can lend a hand in identifying a small Italian restaurant I spotted in Chicago about three years ago. I know it was in the general area of, but not directly on, Michigan Ave,and was tucked into the corner of a lot, underneath what I think was a large department store building. I was on the far side of the intersection and on a mission elsewhere. I never did spot a sign, and did not have a chance to get back to that area.

It was nicely laid out, from what I could see. Outdoor tables, lights overhead, etc.

I apologize for the incredible vagueness of the description, but hopefully someone can help.

I appreciate any help.

It wasn't Volare, was it? On east Grand Avenue & N. St Clair St.? When you look down from the E. Illinois St. upper level, this, to me, looks like the dodgiest, most steotypical Mafia hangout in the world. There was always a constant supply of dodgy looking black SUV's outside.

Click for bigger pic:

VolareRestaurant.jpg

Vornholt

One of the Regulars
No. that's definitely not it. What I remember was literally under one corner of a rather tall building.

I'm thinking of browsing through google maps and check close-ups in street view. Maybe I can run across it that way.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I'm hoping someone can lend a hand in identifying a small Italian restaurant I spotted in Chicago about three years ago. I know it was in the general area of, but not directly on, Michigan Ave,and was tucked into the corner of a lot...

North or south of the river?
Try Boni Vino on Van Buren Street near the Exchange for the best spaghetti and pizza.

Vornholt

One of the Regulars
North of the river, and west of Michigan.

I'll have a look at Boni Vino. Any opinions on Maggiano's?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Maggianos is a family style Italian restaurant chain. No bad but there are better joints of that ilk in town; The Vernon Park Tap for one. My favorite Italian restaurant in town is Spiaggia but it's fine dining so not really comparable to the others mentioned

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner