Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hercules Steerhide Car Coat - For Trade?

Norskellunge

New in Town
Hello loungers,

For trade consideration - a beautiful Sears Hercules steerhide leather car coat/jacket (40s or 50s era?). I'm in no rush to get rid of it, but it just doesn't quite hold the spot in my heart the other jackets I have do. Might as well see what else is out there.

Jacket has been used and shows some age (character ;) ) but in overall good condition. Lining is in very good condition. Some stitching repair required on both sleeves as a previous owner removed, foolishly, the sleeve straps and buttons holding them from the seam (pictured) and also slightly in one armpit. Pocket lining also requires some stitching, as it has torn and detached next to the seam in both (pcitured). Strange stich patterns are also visible on the front left of the jacket near the main zip. Not sure what happened here, but looks like a sewing machine went a bit off path - the stitching has been removed.

All zippers (large Conmatic main and Conmar diamond-shaped shoulder) work well.

I don't need to tell you folks how solid the construction is on these old Sears time machines.

Measurements (zipped while lying flat):

Chest: 23in
Shoulders: 19in
Length (top of collar to jacket bottom): 32in
Sleeve (Top to cuff): 24in

I generally wear a size 40/42 jacket, and it is just a tiny bit big on me. Would be great for layering in my size. More images available upon request.

Preferred North America resident, but if you have something I can't resist, we can talk about it. Will entertain purchase offers as well.

Thanks!

front_zpsa49e407f.jpg

tag_zps770e33d7.jpg

sleevepull_zpsa8ee0132.jpg

sleevelining_zpsa59f22d8.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR