Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey ELC Werber / G&B M-422A owners!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Is your jacket too big?
Do you wish you'd bought the next size down?

I own a Werber 33-1729 in size 44 and a Gibson M-422A in size 40.
I will trade with anyone with a size 46 Werber or 42 Gibson.

Mods please relocate to Classifieds if you deem appropriate.

grunt56

New in Town
Hey Fletch- I'm having a similar problem it seems. My ELC Werber, a 44 like yours, was close fitting to start and became positively snug since I've put on a couple of pounds. I'd be looking for a 46 but afraid it would be too long or large in areas it presently isn't. Have you tried resizing yours? I tried something I read on the forum which was to soak the jacket in warm water and then stuff some bedding into it, in my case three stacked pillows to expand the body. Because the arms were snug I stuffed a roll of bubble wrap through each armhole as well. It's still damp and drying out but noticablely expanded from inside pressure and the circumference around the chest now measures a good two inches greater than it did before. I'm hoping it holds the new stretch when it finally dries out and I begin wearing it again.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Well, it's like this...I soaked and stretched my 1729 awhile ago, but after 24 hours plus it would not dry. I machine dried it on low heat - but any heat was too much for the lightweight HH. It shrank back to original and then some. :mad:

The G&B goatskin is so tough it won't stretch at all - especially around the waist where the fit is tightest.

grunt56

New in Town
Sorry that happened, man. Patience is a virtue I'm short of too. I soaked mine once before to help it break in. It took almost three days to air dry even in the low humidity here in the Southwest. This time I flattened the collar when wet as I'm tired of it digging in my neck and I'll try to wait four days before pulling out the stuffing so it won't shrink back.

P1010009.jpg
[/IMG]

blethook

One of the Regulars
Gents,

Please don't take my comment the wrong way, but it looks to me like it's a waste of money & perfectly good leather jacket to try to stretch something that doesn't fit right.

Why not just return it for a larger size? [huh]

grunt56

New in Town
Didn't really mean to hijack the thread Fletch, its just cool to see someone else with a Werber. Just wanted to say its one of the neat things I'm finding out about horsehide, that it can be tweaked and formed here and there without apparent damage. I bought a used LW Dubow size 46 recently and its got a roomier body and narrower, better fitting shoulders on me than the 44 Werber. Even though the LW hide is heavier and grainier I find the Eastman has a look and feel that I prefer. Anyway, I wish you luck trading your Werber for one that fits.

grunt56

New in Town
Hey, hey. I resemble those remarks....I admit it looks ridiculous right now but it will take on a normal shape in a couple of days when I pull the stuffing out and wear it. I'll be able to move more freely in it without losing my shirt going up a size. My advice to future Werber owners is buy a bigger size than you normally wear if you plan on going to the gym. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran