Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey is Insurrection now Thurston Brothers?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Just curious I hit the link above for Thurston Bros. Rough Wear and went to the site. It has a lot of Aero and Vanson Stock and seems to be like Insurrection. New company or old company with new name?

Worf

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just curious I hit the link above for Thurston Bros. Rough Wear and went to the site. It has a lot of Aero and Vanson Stock and seems to be like Insurrection. New company or old company with new name?

Worf

Worf,

I was just checking my TFL messages and saw this thread! Thanks for asking for some clarification...

We saw the need for an updated website as well as the need to reach more Aero, Vanson, Schott, and vintage customers across the United States. Therefore, the new name and website, which will make it easier to purchase, will give customers access to better pictures that represent how each jacket fits / looks and will give customer accurate sizing information. The reality is that we have a good amount of custom and off-the-rack production slots at BOTH Aero and Vanson each month so we can service our customers in the United States quickly and effectively. For example, customers in the United States who ordered their custom Aero jackets yesterday from us will have their Aero jackets produced in April, receive Aero repair / service, and a fit-guarantee on their custom Aero purchase. We work very closely with Aero, Vanson, and Schott and are in contact with each manufacturer daily!

However, the Insurrection website is still up and the Insurrection location is still open for our local Seattle customers who have come to love the shop over the past decade! If you're ever in the Seattle area, come on by to say "Hi!" You'll see a wealth of Aero, Vanson, Schott, and vintage goods, which are a lot of fun to view and try on!

Warmest regards,

Carrie
www.thurston-bros.com
www.insurrectionvintage.com

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Hi Carrie,

Can you talk about the house brand leather jackets that you guys produce? I notice on the website that they look swell - love the British influence! Can you tell us a bit about their design, production and the hides used?

pauleway

Practically Family
Worf,

I was just checking my TFL messages and saw this thread! Thanks for asking for some clarification...

We saw the need for an updated website as well as the need to reach more Aero, Vanson, Schott, and vintage customers across the United States. Therefore, the new name and website, which will make it easier to purchase, will give customers access to better pictures that represent how each jacket fits / looks and will give customer accurate sizing information. The reality is that we have a good amount of custom and off-the-rack production slots at BOTH Aero and Vanson each month so we can service our customers in the United States quickly and effectively. For example, customers in the United States who ordered their custom Aero jackets yesterday from us will have their Aero jackets produced in April, receive Aero repair / service, and a fit-guarantee on their custom Aero purchase. We work very closely with Aero, Vanson, and Schott and are in contact with each manufacturer daily!

However, the Insurrection website is still up and the Insurrection location is still open for our local Seattle customers who have come to love the shop over the past decade! If you're ever in the Seattle area, come on by to say "Hi!" You'll see a wealth of Aero, Vanson, Schott, and vintage goods, which are a lot of fun to view and try on!

Warmest regards,

Carrie
www.thurston-bros.com

Hello Carrie,
So we can order a custom jacket with mods and specs to our liking through you? I notice your jackets are usually longer in sleeve and body length, but if we want standard lengths, or shorter lengths, with modifications to Aero designs, we can get this ordering through you guys?

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie,

Can you talk about the house brand leather jackets that you guys produce? I notice on the website that they look swell - love the British influence! Can you tell us a bit about their design, production and the hides used?

We design the patterns in house off of vintage jackets that we have in our collection. We also do all of the grading in-house before we send the patterns off to the same factory that does all of the work for the Italian company SPIDI. The jackets are made from 3.0 oz. buffalohide, which is quite nice considering the price point. We began producing jackets ourselves because we began to see that not everyone had the money for a $550-$600 Vanson or an $1100 Aero. We feel that our Pacific Cycle Leathers brand is a great value.

Hello Carrie,
So we can order a custom jacket with mods and specs to our liking through you? I notice your jackets are usually longer in sleeve and body length, but if we want standard lengths, or shorter lengths, with modifications to Aero designs, we can get this ordering through you guys?

Absolutely! If we're unsure about what lengths you need, we'll even send you a fit jacket to help us get everything just right! Fit jackets can definitely help in the sense that you try one on, assess the lengths, and tell us how much longer or shorter you'd like the body or arms! We can also get you any and all custom features that you desire!!!

www.thurston-bros.com

Last edited:

InsOma

New in Town
I was in Seattle last week and even drove past the store, but it was President's Day (I think?) and everything looked very closed. I was hoping to check out a couple of the longer-length Aero's, maybe next time. . .

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
What does grading mean? Sorry, I don't know the technical stuff....

Also, is it possible to get the jackets modified as regards pockets and so on? I really like the cafe racer but three pockets or two hand warmer pockets would be more my thing. Two chest pockets is all well and good and historically precise but I heard that particular layout once described as akin to 'nipple tassels' and it's haunted me ever since....

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
What does grading mean? Sorry, I don't know the technical stuff....

Also, is it possible to get the jackets modified as regards pockets and so on? I really like the cafe racer but three pockets or two hand warmer pockets would be more my thing. Two chest pockets is all well and good and historically precise but I heard that particular layout once described as akin to 'nipple tassels' and it's haunted me ever since....

The purpose of grading is to proportionally increase or decrease the size of a pattern, while maintaining the overall shape, fit, balance, and scale of the jacket. This is how a size 40 looks very similar to a 44 on a height/weight proportional person.

As long as the pocket pattern doesn't interfere with the jacket's historical accuracy, we can do any pocket pattern on Aero jackets that our customers desire!

www.thurston-bros.com

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Some gorgeous jackets. As a long-time Aero customer, I was wondering about what look like proprietary designs, eg the slim-fit Stuart. Is this your adaptation of an Aero design? (If so, it's a good one.) SJ

apba1166

A-List Customer
I can't seem to find the "house brand" buffalo hide jackets on the website (unless my jacket addiction counselor has crippled that function on my computer).......Edited: Oh, it's Pacifiic.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy