Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey Lizzie...Any of Your Belongings Missing?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
They actually had to build a road into the woods to get to his camp to dismantle it -- and the state billed him for the cost of doing so, a bill which he is refusing to pay.

Last I heard he's still on probation, but I imagine a book or movie deal will be forthcoming. What amazes me is that he lived in the woods for all those years and didn't get shot during deer season.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
He was convicted of burglary but received probation in lieu of prison time. He didn't "live off the land" in the manner of the hermits of old -- he simply broke into other peoples' camps and stole provisions and clothing.

Nobert

Practically Family
That guy was actually a lot closer to where I live...next town over, in fact. Rome abuts Belgrade Lakes, a popular camping destination for summer people. A young Elwyn Brooks White used to go there every year with his family. It would probably be pretty steady pickings during the on season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21