Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hi Folks, looking for help in identifying/value of this 70s Cafe. Only labels are pictured, thanks in advance

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
PXL_20220307_214724036.MP.jpg
PXL_20220307_214442380.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220307_214550771.jpg
    PXL_20220307_214550771.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 54
  • PXL_20220307_214633783.jpg
    PXL_20220307_214633783.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20220307_214708086.jpg
    PXL_20220307_214708086.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20220307_214533746.jpg
    PXL_20220307_214533746.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 55

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Curious as to how you know it is from the 70s.
If it is indeed from the 70s, it would not be a high end brand because it is very very unlikely any high end brand in the 70s would produce leather jackets in Pakistan. So no added value from a brand name.
It does not look like it is made from expensive materials, no exotic leather, basic YKK hardware. So again no significant value.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
If it is indeed from the 70s, it would not be a high end brand because it is very very unlikely any high end brand in the 70s would produce leather jackets in Pakistan. So no added value from a brand name.
It does not look like it is made from expensive materials, no exotic leather, basic YKK hardware. So again no significant value.
I was
I was told but the seller it was from the 70s for what that's worth. I'm new to vintage leather so I'm learning on the fly. I don't own any expensive jackets at this time so hard to gauge what's good or not without a tag. Thank you for your input

I was told but the seller it was from the 70s for what that's worth. I'm new to vintage leather so I'm learning on the fly. I don't own any expensive jackets at this time so hard to gauge what's good or not without a tag. Thank you for your input

It's not from the 70's. 90's would be my guess though maybe later. It's not a bad jacket. I could sell it for around $100 but I personally wouldn't buy it.

The worth of it depends on how much you like/wear it.

Up to some point.

We will pay more for something that we like, regardless of how it may compare to another item of the same family. But the approximated price is of course dictated by the market.

The realistic value for this kind of jacket can be accurately set, I believe, and like I said, I would list it at anything between $75 - $115.

Amusingly so, there is nothing about this jacket that is inherently worse than any being mentioned here. It looks good, it features some neat and unique details and it clearly is quality. This jacket will in all likelihood outlive many of the jackets we would pay hundreds for.

This is a stupid hobby but it's sort of fun.

Finn Vigorous

One of the Regulars
I completely agree with that, and I do own pieces I paid far too much for in terms of their materials, actual construction etc.

But still I would advice to start a (vintage) leather jacket hobby by buying a jacket primarily for ones own use, and then I think it's about its utility/practical value in the first place.

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
It's not from the 70's. 90's would be my guess though maybe later. It's not a bad jacket. I could sell it for around $100 but I personally wouldn't buy it.
I may have been misleading in my post as to knowing the value as I don't want to sell it, I guess it just felt so good wearing it that I assumed it had value. It was in rough shape when I got it so I took a lot of time cleaning and conditioning it; so I guess it's kind of my "baby" now so it's definitely valuable to me thanks for your response

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Up to some point.

We will pay more for something that we like, regardless of how it may compare to another item of the same family. But the approximated price is of course dictated by the market.

The realistic value for this kind of jacket can be accurately set, I believe, and like I said, I would list it at anything between $75 - $115.

Amusingly so, there is nothing about this jacket that is inherently worse than any being mentioned here. It looks good, it features some neat and unique details and it clearly is quality. This jacket will in all likelihood outlive many of the jackets we would pay hundreds for.

This is a stupid hobby but it's sort of fun.
I totally agree. I'm no expert but the stitching is well done and I love the triangular vent under the yoke. I'm new to this area but I'm noticing that a guy can pay a lot of money for an item based on brand name alone. Yes quality can be assured with time tested brands so it seems sensible to go for the best but affordability does come into play. Also one can't deny the "energy" (for lack of a better word) that comes with a used jacket; were it's been and who used it. I find myself easily sliding into the stupid/ fun rabbit hole you mentionedthanks for your reply

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
I completely agree with that, and I do own pieces I paid far too much for in terms of their materials, actual construction etc.

But still I would advice to start a (vintage) leather jacket hobby by buying a jacket primarily for ones own use, and then I think it's about its utility/practical value in the first place.
Agreed, I guess the value doesn't really matter if you don't like wearing it in the first place

I may have been misleading in my post as to knowing the value as I don't want to sell it, I guess it just felt so good wearing it that I assumed it had value. It was in rough shape when I got it so I took a lot of time cleaning and conditioning it; so I guess it's kind of my "baby" now so it's definitely valuable to me thanks for your response
This is very important to remember. If you enjoy it, then it’s worth whatever you got it for!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy