Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waisted Pants & Jeans!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
RollerEarly.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Great photo, Cherry Lips.

I was at Target and flipped through the current Vogue magazine issue and saw a feature on trousers that look VERY similar to 1930s and 1940s trousers. I don't remember what the segment was called, but I found the photos pretty inspring. There's another shoot in there that's also very vintage inspired. I am liking how modern fashion is incorporating more vintage looks in everyday as opposed to just eveningwear, which is what it seemed to be doing for a long time.

Amie

One of the Regulars
Has anyone made these yet?

il_570xN.174370348.jpg

I'm guessing it's probably not a good idea to turn them into long pants.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I haven't seen any others made up yet. You could lengthen them to long pants- they would be HUGE around the leg- kind of like early beach pajamas. I'd also like to see if anyone else made them up :)

Amie

One of the Regulars
They're adorable Lauren. I'm gonna keep them in mind if I ever get around to making pants.

Twinkle

Familiar Face
9016.jpg

I have this pattern.

:rolleyes:

LD

lets be nice...

I saw this on here and bought from Eva dress because of your post, made them up last week in navy cotton twill and got loads of compliments at the weekend, have bought some denim and stipe cotton drill to make another couple of the high waisted ones... Really simple to make as well.... :)

Twinkle

Familiar Face
Thanks so much both of you! Do you have any suggestiions as to which style? I was thinking Utility, however, they're out of the 28/38 in that, and I noticed they now have 1940s work pants (http://www.freddiesofpinewood.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=workpants) and also there's the Classic Indigo (http://www.freddiesofpinewood.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=classic)

I have a 28"waist and 41" hips and I always buy the 30" waist to get my bum in them... Have LOADS of pairs now I live in them, they are really lovely people too :)

Kiri

One of the Regulars
My Freddies jeans came! I'll try to get a picture within the next couple of days, problably not till Friday (My birthday! :D) though, as I work 9-5 till Thursday.

User25159

New in Town
Holy smokes ladies- I haven't been on here and ages and come back to find this amazing post! So psyched to know about Freddie's jeans! I recently got the Bernie Dexter dungarees and i feel like the crotch fits weird (though her siren capris are fantastic). They were comfortable enough, so i kept them. I have the sailor slacks from Tara Starlet and i think they're pretty worth the $$, but i did have to hem them quite a bit.

Kiri, can't wait to see those Freddie's pictures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner