Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman - Zip Sleeve Highwayman Database

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
By several requests, I am adding a detail entry of what was Tony's Premier-fit Highwayman in Dark Navy FQHH, especially surrouding the collar. Today the light was just right for getting some nice detailed shots of it. Note I have owned it since October, and it has been worn a lot. I flat-out love this jacket, the Horween FQHH is heavy yet supply, has taken on a ton of character and "teacore" quickly, and shows interesting panel-to-panel variation. If you are even half-considering a dark navy FQHH jacket, I reccommend it. I will be showing the collar in normal, up and under-side postions, as well as teacore & Panel-to-panel color & grain variation. The photos need no words...

DSC_0744.JPG
DSC_0747.JPG
DSC_0748.JPG
DSC_0750.JPG DSC_0751.JPG DSC_0752.JPG
DSC_0753.JPG

And then a shot of the front of the jacket complete -

DSC_0745.JPG

Finn Vigorous

One of the Regulars
A thing of beauty!

But what is it actually? Quite a lot mods at least: zipped pockets, front yoke and cafe racer type sleeve zips, some more?

Psant25

One Too Many
Stock size 38 has the following measurements per aero (if memory serves me):

i added 0.5 inch back and 0.75 in sleeve

p2p: 23.5
Sh: 19
Back: 25
Sleeve: 25.25

Finn Vigorous

One of the Regulars
Oh, of course. I was kind of in the Premier Highwayman mode based on the discussion on the other thread.

Stellar jackets, both of them.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Awesome zip-sleeves there! Pefect break-in on the black one, and a nice new brown one to compliment. I like the front yoke too. :)

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cordovan CXL FQHH Zip Sleeve HWM, Size 48, Custom Back Length 28“ and Custom Arm Length 26,5“, Black HD Cotton Drill Lining, Two Pistol Pockets, Antique Brass Hardware, Weight 7.132 pounds.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Boots Aero Cordovan Town Boots

full

Cheers

Turnip

Last edited:
I love the front and rear yoke model! As many know I had the belts moved up to a position 5” north of the hem. This really benefits the fit profile IMHO, while not corrupting the HWM style. On my next order I’ve been given the go ahead to do the same thing, and I will delete the waist band. Im also using the standard storm cuff and retaining the front and rear yoke.
8A6BB82E-4733-4AD0-A718-9BA78CA8C4D8.jpeg
32857E26-FD80-44BC-AA73-C5D8C16C6D8A.jpeg

I should probably remove that Schott sticker from that hanger. The jacket that it originally came with hasn’t been seen since 2012. LOL.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Hey Tony, I like your idea there! Are you going to use the collar that was on the Blue zip-sleeve HWM? I think your brown zip-sleeve one here may be the best looking one I have seen so far, the side pulls being up~4" doe not detract at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112