Highwayman - Zip Sleeve Highwayman Database

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by AeroFan_07, Feb 15, 2020.

1. ton312

ton312

I’m keeping the standard HWM collar. It’s grown on me. While I love the premier collar I fear that trying to put that on a jacket it wasn’t intended for will result in the collar not fitting the jacket quite right...coming out too small or having a negative impact on the neck diameter. Sometimes less is more and I feel like this next one is addition by subtraction.

2. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

^^ yep - comletely agree. Will look forward to seeing this when it comes along. It will be a while, my order has been in since the end of Feburary and should be done sometime this month or next. Covid issues.

ton312 likes this.
  3. ton312

ton312

I’d be very surprised if I see it in anything under a year from now. I’m doubtful Aero has any midnight CXL on hand...God only knows when they’ll get it. Can’t imagine Horween has been running at anywhere near a typical production cycle either...

4. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

Just added the missing dimensions i

Custom Back Length 28“ and Custom Arm Length 26,5“

to my above post.

Cheers

Turnip

5. AeroFan_07

Posting up a few photos of a recently aquired Brown HWM, note the grain and character of this hide (FQHH)
    This isn't a "sales post" :)

IMG_8527.JPG IMG_8530.JPG IMG_8531.JPG IMG_8532.JPG IMG_8535.JPG IMG_8536.JPG IMG_8538.JPG IMG_8540.JPG

6. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

7. AeroFan_07

DSC_0357.JPG DSC_0358.JPG DSC_0359.JPG It's good, I like it, could stand for 1" on the sleeves, but no problem!

Ayeteael and rockandrollrabbit like this.
  8. AeroFan_07

And that one is now gone too...

Moving right along here. Giving a big shout out to Bankshot for this Premier Fit "Size 46" in Cordovan FQHH. This is a very nicely appointed jacket with the folowing features:
    • Cordovan FQHH - heavy but not over the top
    • Alpaca Wool lining in Black
    • Button cuffs on sleeves
    Dimensions are as follows:
    • Shoulder 18.25"
    • Pit to Pit 24"
    • Back 26.5"
    • Waist 22.5"
    • Sleeve 26.25
    Most likely this jacket will go down to Dean to get a #10 Nickle zip installed.

I love how this jacket fits, just at the level of "fitted" with a small amount of layering room.

The Alpaca wool is very nice, adds a good measure of warmth, and the cotton drill in the sleeves is a good compliment to the workwear design of this highwayman.

I would say it's about 60% broken in. As the weather gets a little nicer, I hope to get this beauty broken in properly!

DSC_0503.JPG DSC_0497.JPG DSC_0495.JPG DSC_0500.JPG DSC_0504.JPG DSC_0507.JPG

And some fit photos of the jacket in the same great sunlight...

DSC_0485.JPG DSC_0486.JPG

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  9. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Congratulations, this one fits you just right! Trim but not too tight, and the hide is fantastic looking.

AeroFan_07, MrProper and ton312 like this.
  10. ton312

ton312

I agree. Hold on to this one Randy. Would be hard if not impossible to get a better PHWM fit.

11. AeroFan_07

Thanks guys! I agree. The blue "44" was actually a little too snug. Highwayman's are a unique fit, hard to get just right without falling overboard.

Spiney likes this.
  12. AeroFan_07

Here's the same Highwayman with a #10 nickle YKK zipper installed. Dena did great work on this one...

DSC_0710.JPG

13. Peckinpah

Peckinpah New in Town

Ugh, look at all these pictures is frustrating. Everything posted looks amazing!

My Highwayman is still in production, button sleeve though.

MrProper and AeroFan_07 like this.
  14. mendelboaz

mendelboaz One Too Many

Without a doubt my favorite HWM on this forum.

Tusche, AeroFan_07 and Dav like this.