Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HIMEL BROS "CHEVALIER"

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
In my experience, a leather jacket made in Shinki leather is significantly lighter than a CXL one and slightly lighter than Vicenza.

I find my Kensington perfect for spring and autumn

@Carlos840 you have a beautiful jacket coming your way, I can't wait to see fit pics!

Edward

Bartender
Interesting jacket. Very different than anything else out there. Some of the features echo some of the bike leathers I remember from the Eighties; is this a reproduction of a rare 30s jacket, or is it a redrafting of a much more modern design to be built like it would have been in the thirties (in the same way as Ken at Aero redrafted the Highwayman, a 50s design, to create the slimfit 30s version of how it would have been had it existed back then). Either way, the design really works. I should think it will be a nice bike jacket once you get that licence.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The Chevalier has landed!
It's a thing of beauty! The brown Shinki is amazing, stitching is great, love the blanket lining, and most importantly the fit is absolutely perfect!
Here are a couple quick and dirty pictures, i will try to post something more in depth next week or so.

The only small negatives i can think of are the fact that i cannot take it off without unzipping the sleeves, and my OCD wishes the belt was better sized and would fit snug on the middle hole.
Small details i know, but this is the lounge isn't it? Other than that i am loving it!

otu1wYq.jpg

hy4HkP2.jpg

Attachments

• L1000551.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 861
  • L1000552.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 868
Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That jacket literally could not fit any better. Looks like it was built around your frame. That's a beauty! Congrats!

Thanks. It fits me closer than my Bootlegger does, but with better range of motion.
I didn't expect underarm gussets, as they are super discreet and don't show in pictures, but they really help with forward reach.
This could be my new best fitting jacket i think!

Also, the colour isn't as light as shown in the pictures, it's a very nice shade, almost dark purple in some light. I will get better/more accurate pictures this week end once i have worn it in a bit more.

Last edited:
Oh man, I wouldn't dare to leave the house in that jacket how much of a statement it is but it does fit you perfectly, man. But that jacket's gonna turn heads.

On Carlos, definitely. No doubt. But I would look like a clown in it...

This thing demands a lot from its wearer.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Oh man, I wouldn't dare to leave the house in that jacket how much of a statement it is but it does fit you perfectly, man. But that jacket's gonna turn heads.

I originally wanted a J-31, i have to admit the first time going out in that would have felt weird...

Honestly i don't see this jacket as that much of a statement! I feel more comfortable with this than i would wearing a Vanson Chopper or anything made by Langlitz! These are statements IMO!

Last edited:
I really dig those massive rivets at each end of the zips.
Thanks. It fits me closer than my Bootlegger does, but with better range of motion.
I didn't expect underarm gussets, as they are super discreet and don't show in pictures, but they really help with forward reach.
This could be my new best fitting jacket i think!

Also, the colour isn't as light as shown in the pictures, it's a very nice shade, almost dark purple in some light. I will get better/more accurate pictures this week end once i have worn it in a bit more.
i think these pics may find their way into Wikipedia when you query "How should a leather jacket fit?" I assume (as fast as it came) it's a standard size...that's pretty damn impressive. Is the color close to Cordo?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy