Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Brothers Leather Co.

767fo

One of the Regulars
Thank you, I've never owned a longer style jacket before. I look forward to wearing it at some point.

767fo

One of the Regulars
I just thought I would add some extra detail pics. Had a few messages from guys wanting to see them.
42155f73db6802bd362b2c85007355ab.jpg
22903208da8c780be98ab165c14533f1.jpg
d5a9cf951c56500fdb4d7df7876c3950.jpg
db791e44efadda442782c7094120764b.jpg
f3fc91a4129c99c67def058b33e8a75c.jpg
d1e803e1bfd9733cbccb943bb1979453.jpg
9090aec8d31e28ac94e586567622b28b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-1

One Too Many
ugh, I've gained some weight and I think I want to size up on my new Himel.... but I just got it ~_~

What should I do?
Weird question. Do you want to hear: "Sell it and get another one!" ?
Well, if you have a fortune by your bedside table, do it! A lot of people here would love to be in your position!
Dave will be happy to sell another one though.

But seriously, I’d rather go with Mon here: "You win, you lose".

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Were you sitting on the edge of your current size when you bought the jacket? I'd just cut back on the nice-but-bad stuff. You'd be surprised at the impact of simply reducing your intake can have.

It's a mistake I've made more times than I care to count. And you know you've made it within the first 10 seconds of that first wear. Depreciation is a foul mistress and it hits harder the higher you go up the chain (purchase price). If you can send her back for an upsize, even if at some expense, it'll more than likely be a better deal than an outright sell. Just my experience. It's hard to change habits, be they pizza and beer or bench press and squats. Always better to give yourself a bit of give room/slop in a jacket. A jacket too small just plain sucks.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree with Ton, a second hand jacket is a second hand jacket whether it's been worn for a year or an hour and nobody wants to pay top dollar for a second hand jacket....especially when it's a custom make, that almost always gives the impression that if it was made to fit someone else perfectly, it won't fit me as well....

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ugh, I've gained some weight and I think I want to size up on my new Himel.... but I just got it ~_~

What should I do?
I would reach out to Mr. Himel and see what he suggests. Hopefully he might allow you send this one back and offer you a break on a larger remake. I would follow Ton's advice here and give yourself a little extra room this time.
These are such beautiful jackets and I wish you luck in getting one that fits perfectly the next time around!

himelator

Vendor
so for a note on stitching...this is a soft veg. tan deerskin...as such when it runs under the walking foot machine or any other machine the leather is spongy....it moves a little....and squishes around....it would be impossible to get perfectly even stitching on this type of leather...because the stitching is done slowly with non electronic machines and because of the contrast in the stitching it has a very hand made look. If you want perfection in evenness you cannot use soft deerskin, and use electronic sewing that will create a very fast consistent result on generic leather...this is a very very organic style of jacket that will get dirty and age and look very authentic to a pre 1930s style...boy you guys and your macro lenses looking for ocd flaws...these are made by humans very slowly with care...even the vintage button hole machine will skip and move around on deerskin like this...but because it is pearl stitched it will have no impact on the leather...I suspect there will be drool when papa posts pics in a year...

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many

What should I do?

I agree with everyone, reach out to Dave and see if you can work a deal with him or lose some weight, it's never a bad thing.

Another point... I haven't seen pics of your jacket and the pics Dave posted doesn't count.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I have lost four pounds in the past 3 weeks simply by eating only at mealtimes, not between. Just eat three times a day and don't do groceries in between and you will lose weight.

However.. your problem is exactly the reason why I despise overly tight fitting jackets (on top of also being uncomfortable to wear). A jacket built for a lifetime of use is wasted money to me if it isn't sized to allow for whatever-related ups and downs of body shape that may come and go over decades of potential wear.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Maybe you should use a disclaimer for this leather then and explain just that.

Just a thought though, not taking anyone's side here. I can't even tell what's wrong with that stitching and wouldn't mind anything alike on my jackets. However I am also not in the market for your jackets nor anything with comparable pricing. If you charge 2k USD for a jacket, it's not too surprising people look at it closely, if only to justify to themselves why they just spent an average workers monthly salary.

so for a note on stitching...this is a soft veg. tan deerskin...as such when it runs under the walking foot machine or any other machine the leather is spongy....it moves a little....and squishes around....it would be impossible to get perfectly even stitching on this type of leather...because the stitching is done slowly with non electronic machines and because of the contrast in the stitching it has a very hand made look. If you want perfection in evenness you cannot use soft deerskin, and use electronic sewing that will create a very fast consistent result on generic leather...this is a very very organic style of jacket that will get dirty and age and look very authentic to a pre 1930s style...boy you guys and your macro lenses looking for ocd flaws...these are made by humans very slowly with care...even the vintage button hole machine will skip and move around on deerskin like this...but because it is pearl stitched it will have no impact on the leather...I suspect there will be drool when papa posts pics in a year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21