Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Himel Brothers Leather Co.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
hmmm...suck...or suck and blow...well its nice you fellas have a sense of humour about things...im just busy working making my inferior garbage coats over here and rolling in my piles of gold...gonna have John Chapman over later and laugh about all the folks we sucker for jackets from our cayman island beach house....haha kidding

That message is over 2 years old o_O

58panheadfan

One Too Many
I had the good fortune to purchase a Himel x HTC Peregrine leather jacket in black oak american steerhide recently. It was a special Run back in days. Years ago I had the same jacket in size 42" and unfortunately had to sell it with a heavy heart due to size problems at the time, I was 10 kg (22 lbs) heavier then and Jacket in Size 42" was to tight, especially in mid section. I always regretted the sale.

Now I was lucky to come across a jacket in size 44" again. Funny thing, size 44" fits me perfectly, even though I'm 10 kg lighter today. However, the pit/pit dimensions of 22" for size 44" are more indicative of a size 40/42". The size 42 " had a pit/pit of 21.5" and the size 44" has a pit/pit of 22", so only 0.5" different.

Has anyone had the same experience with the sizes given by Himel?
Are the size labels dependent on different models?*

* I am asking because it's more some kind of "mindfuck" worn a size 42" by 187 lbs and now wearing a size 44" by 167 lbs o_O I can live with it, saying to my self, new Jacket it's labelled like a vintage sized Jacket. Of course first world probs, I know but I am a "number guy" and always looking for Jacket in same size, at least from same manufacturer... I know I have a screw loose in this way...

I really like the colorway of this Jacket! Some kind of mud-color mix between "green/brown/black" depening on light incidence:

FL_1_1.JPG

FL_1_2.JPG

zipped / unzipped

Last edited:

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I had the good fortune to purchase a Himel x HTC Peregrine leather jacket in black oak american steerhide recently. It was a special Run back in days. Years ago I had the same jacket in size 42" and unfortunately had to sell it with a heavy heart due to size problems at the time, I was 10 kg (22 lbs) heavier then and Jacket in Size 42" was to tight, especially in mid section. I always regretted the sale.

Now I was lucky to come across a jacket in size 44" again. Funny thing, size 44" fits me perfectly, even though I'm 10 kg lighter today. However, the pit/pit dimensions of 22" for size 44" are more indicative of a size 40/42". The size 42 " had a pit/pit of 21.5" and the size 44" has a pit/pit of 22", so only 0.5" different.

* I am asking because it's more some kind of "mindfuck" worn a size 42" by 187 lbs and now wearing a size 44" by 167 lbs o_O I can live with it, saying to my self, new Jacket it's labelled like a vintage sized Jacket. Of course first world probs, I know but I am a "number guy" and always looking for Jacket in same size, at least from same manufacturer... I know I have a screw loose in this way...

I really like the colorway of this Jacket! Some kind of mud-color mix between "green/brown/black" depening on light incidence:

View attachment 398665
View attachment 398666

zipped / unzipped

I know what you mean with „mindfuck“ here. It shouldn’t really matter what the tag says, but I am kind off reluctant to grab anything outside my 42-44 comfort zone too.
Both my Himels are labelled as „42“ but with a P2P of 23“ give or take. I did notice however that most „ready to wear“ jackets on Himel’s webpage seem to rein considerably smaller (like in your example).

BTW: super gorgeous jacket there. Suits and fits you to a T!

58panheadfan

One Too Many
I know what you mean with „mindfuck“ here. It shouldn’t really matter what the tag says, but I am kind off reluctant to grab anything outside my 42-44 comfort zone too.
Both my Himels are labelled as „42“ but with a P2P of 23“ give or take. I did notice however that most „ready to wear“ jackets on Himel’s webpage seem to rein considerably smaller (like in your example).

BTW: super gorgeous jacket there. Suits and fits you to a T!

Thank you for the appreciated compliment. How nice to hear these words and to know my call was understood. I really appreciate on fact on this forum, many different people but at least “brothers in spirit”, so many concerns are understood.

If I remember correctly you own the "Imperial" and the "?" from Himel. If you could share some links to your Himel Jackets that would be great, thank you.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 398665
View attachment 398666

zipped / unzipped

Himel rocks!!! Congrats.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for the appreciated compliment. How nice to hear these words and to know my call was understood. I really appreciate on fact on this forum, many different people but at least “brothers in spirit”, so many concerns are understood.

If I remember correctly you own the "Imperial" and the "?" from Himel. If you could share some links to your Himel Jackets that would be great, thank you.

Yes, I have the „Imperial“ and the „Nipissing Rider“. The later was a stock size item. I’ll track down some photos and post them here.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Perfect, thank you!

I have some software issues, so I probably only post pictures tomorrow.

FYI: I did a fairly lengthy post on TFL labelled "Him - The Imperial" in May 2020. I seem to be too thick to post a link (or its my MacBook that refuses to copy the link), but you find it easily with the "search" function above.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
I have some software issues, so I probably only post pictures tomorrow.

FYI: I did a fairly lengthy post on TFL labelled "Him - The Imperial" in May 2020. I seem to be too thick to post a link (or its my MacBook that refuses to copy the link), but you find it easily with the "search" function above.

I will check it out, thank you!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
My final outerwear purchase (which will be soon, late summer hopefully) will be one of his master class jackets. Not sure of the model yet but owning one is my Everest. I purchased a couple Brimaco jackets from him way back when, before he had his own line but in our brief correspondence about his own creations I knew he would produce spectacular garments. Cool to see it come to fruition.
I was going through this old thread when I got triggered by @ton312 mentioning something about his 'final outerwear purchase'. Dated March 2016. LOL

SilverKast

New in Town
I picked up their camp shirt in blue when it first came out, if their leathers are anything like the shirt then I need to start planning on what to purchase. The shirt is fantastic - the fit, materials and construction are top notch. I'm just a little hesitant about ordering online, I'll probably just wait for my next trip to Ontario and go see them in person as I'm just a little west from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk