Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hitler remains not Hitler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
mel-brooks-hitler-rap-hip-hop.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu2NqfISm9k

Edward

Bartender
I've hard various conspiracy theories for years that Hitler didn't commit suicide, but in fact escaped somewhere..... part of me likes the idea that the tyrant had to live out his last days in hiding, hopefully with plenty of time for the guilt to catch up with him!

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
I've hard various conspiracy theories for years that Hitler didn't commit suicide, but in fact escaped somewhere..... part of me likes the idea that the tyrant had to live out his last days in hiding, hopefully with plenty of time for the guilt to catch up with him!
Plenty of Nazi war criminals escaped, even if their boss didn't. If you read Frederick Forsyth's book "The Odessa File" it shows that they felt no guilt at all and went as far as saying they helped Germany. It's more frightening to think that to an extent it was true that in the 1960s no one in Germany really wanted to catch war criminals.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm sure everyone already has, but the film 'Untergang' is a great view into the last days of Hitler. It is based on the interviews with Traudl Junge, one of Hitler's secretaries and her documentary, "Blind Spot".

-dixon cannon

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Wow that makes me uncomfortable to say the least. I mean I never thought it was right that he got a quick and easy death after waht did to all those people but I also don't like the idea of him getting away either.

Feraud

Bartender
Dixon Cannon said:
I'm sure everyone already has, but the film 'Untergang' is a great view into the last days of Hitler. It is based on the interviews with Traudl Junge, one of Hitler's secretaries and her documentary, "Blind Spot".

-dixon cannon
An excellent film.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Dixon Cannon said:

-dixon cannon

I have this movie at home. I borrowed it from a friend. I'm going to watch it this weekend.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I saw that episode of the History Channel's MysteryQuest this past Saturday! They were able to extract DNA froma piece the skull and from the blood stained fabric taken from the couch that he was supposed to have shot himself on.

The DNA from the skull was that of a woman. The DNA that was extracted from the fabric was from a male. They don't know if that DNA matches Adolph Hitler's because his living relatives have declined to be swabbed for their DNA.

- Ian

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
"He made it to Brazil.

"He fled to Greenland

"He disguised himself in a refugee camp and slipped away to the Bavarian mountains.

"He was smuggled aboard a U-boat and spend the rest of his days shielded by Argentina's right wing strongmen."

he died at the bunker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to "breathe life into the old monster".

:deadhorse ______

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Der Fuhrer FLASHBACK

Back in the 1950's/60's magazines such as Police Gazette, Confidential , Argosy, Stag etc. etc. ran numerous articles on the Hitler escaped the bunker via a U Boat to Latin America theme. Solid Citizen [huh]

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
HadleyH said:
he died at the bunker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to "breathe life into the old monster".
I agree. While up to 90% of SS members escaped to Spain, Egypt and Latin America; Hitler was not one of them.

MPicciotto

Practically Family
A great book is "Inside the Fourth Reich" "The real story of the Nazis in Brazil by the hunter they feared the most!" Written by Erich Erdstein "The Nazi Hunter" Although I'm a huge fan of the conspiracy theory, 4th Reich, Hitler escaped, or his chronies did to rise again novels. Most I come across seem to have been written in the mid eighties before Hitler and his henchmen would have been too old to pull anything off.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn