Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HNC Hatworks (formerly known as Agnoulita Hats)

PanosChris

Practically Family
I'm finally the lucky owner of two Agnoulitas thanks to Panos @PanosChris. I've liked the look of this hatmaker since I first saw Brent's @deadlyhandsome posts of his, then some others from my fellow Loungers. Anyway, I've been playing around with the bash on the grey. I think I've finally decided on the 30s/40s look. View attachment 304996 View attachment 304997 View attachment 304998 View attachment 304999 View attachment 305000
Love how you creased that one Steve! Very "noir" look

Scooterz

Practically Family
I had never found the Agnoulita hats on amazon before. Of the ones I looked at, some of them are wool and some are rabbit. So you may want to make sure its fur if that is what you want. I bought an open road with my last batch of amazon points so I am glad to know these are there. I also noticed there is a handmade hats and caps category which I was unaware of. So much for using my points for things I actually need....

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Agnoulita nr. 2 via Panos @PanosChris. I had fun this evening steaming and shaping this one. So much wool in this hat it was hard to steam and shape, but I think I finally got it into a look both the hat and I were happy with :)

Before and after looks:

IMG_20210130_212639.jpg IMG_20210130_223953.jpg IMG_20210130_224052.jpg IMG_20210130_224020_1.jpg IMG_20210130_224003.jpg IMG_20210130_224038.jpg 20201226_121008_resized_1.jpg

Rumad

One Too Many

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

PanosChris

Practically Family
Agnoulita nr. 2 via Panos @PanosChris. I had fun this evening steaming and shaping this one. So much wool in this hat it was hard to steam and shape, but I think I finally got it into a look both the hat and I were happy with :)

Before and after looks:

View attachment 305691 View attachment 305692 View attachment 305693 View attachment 305694 View attachment 305695 View attachment 305696 View attachment 305697
Steve,
These rabbit suede felts from FEPSA can be quite floppy (especially if you specify minimum stiffeners upon placing the order) but your crease looks fantastic! Definitely it was worth all the effort :) Oh, and the overall outfit is on a different league altogether !

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Panos, kind of you. I'm so happy you let the two Agnoulitas go. I'll sure take good care of them :)

Steve,
These rabbit suede felts from FEPSA can be quite floppy (especially if you specify minimum stiffeners upon placing the order) but your crease looks fantastic! Definitely it was worth all the effort :) Oh, and the overall outfit is on a different league altogether !

Well I put in an order on Amazon this morning for my first Agnoulita. The Earl homburg, shortened the crown to 4.5 inches, extended the brim to 2 3/4 inches, Cocoa with chocolate ribbon. Thank you Amazon points. How long is the turnaround?

It’s been a while, but in the past it’s been just over one month from order to delivery.

Scooterz

Practically Family
Steve,

Panos, since you have actually seem many of these Agnoulita felts in person I have some questions. I have been looking at the listings on amazon and the colors have names instead of numbers now. I cannot really tell which is which vs the numbered swatches that you and Brent have posted. I am trying to reconcile which ones I might like. I am wondering if the flecked rabbit is super fuzzy or if it is just a little coarser than the dress rabbit? Do you have any observations on the colors "wood, peanut, coffee, or brunette?" I am more of an earth tone rather than bright color guy. I have wanted a pecan or a stetson cornhill (like on premier strats)? Not terribly concerned with exactly matching the winchester color but just trying to get a handle what it might actually look like. I may wind up with a green tone like moss or army. His new website looks nice but it does not seem to have examples of a lot of the colors. Brent's carmel antelope looks pretty close to that cornhill but the antelope does not seem to be available on the hats on amazon. Frankly I have not really figured out how custom orders work on his new HNC website. There is a customize button on amazon for limited options. I did ask him a question thru amazon but we will see how long it takes to get a response. If you have thoughts on his dress weight rabbit colors I am also looking at the brown and camel tones in those. Some of the blues look like they might match vintage blue gray felts but the pics I have seen of finished hats do not really look like the pics of swatches and most are much brighter then I expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy