Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

TomC

New in Town
Just arrived today, a masterpiece from Stephen Temkin at Leon Drexler. IMG_0197.jpg IMG_0198.jpg IMG_0199.jpg

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have only one other Homburg besides this Stetson St Regis which came in the mail today. Not a style I wear often, I am warming to the look slowly after a few years...

This has been worn, but well cared for. Clean, very nice felt, it is also my first Royal Deluxe in a vintage Stetson. I love the original liner found in the St Regis. Unfortunately, this one has been replaced at some point and this crisp, clean replacement was taped into place with millinery/fabric tape; not sewn as an original would be. The price was right, though.

It came open crown but easily/naturally creased to a diamond with medium front pinches. The standard center dent without pinches didn't work well and seemed forced, so I let the felt go the way it wanted.

The color is close to pecan beaver felt, but with a nearly, subtle moss green hue to it. The crown ribbon closely matches the felt, but the brim binding is more of a contrasting tan/light bronze color.

i-NgCFZ4f-M.jpg

i-nfrWtKV-M.jpg

i-ZZC3DWM-M.jpg

i-VxXk5VX-M.jpg

i-Pnpnw3W-L.jpg

NewJack

Practically Family
Seems like I've seen this tip logo before. Maybe it is just the knight's helmet. I'll get on the Plaza Hats, maybe we can do some dating from that.

Thanks so much for the possible lead...I'll do some research too! Obviously, there were an unlimited hatters during the 40s-50s - known and unknown! Couldn't resist the price and the apparent quality!

NewJack

Practically Family
I have only one other Homburg besides this Stetson St Regis which came in the mail today. Not a style I wear often, I am warming to the look slowly after a few years...

This has been worn, but well cared for. Clean, very nice felt, it is also my first Royal Deluxe in a vintage Stetson. I love the original liner found in the St Regis. Unfortunately, this one has been replaced at some point and this crisp, clean replacement was taped into place with millinery/fabric tape; not sewn as an original would be. The price was right, though.

It came open crown but easily/naturally creased to a diamond with medium front pinches. The standard center dent without pinches didn't work well and seemed forced, so I let the felt go the way it wanted.

The color is close to pecan beaver felt, but with a nearly, subtle moss green hue to it. The crown ribbon closely matches the felt, but the brim binding is more of a contrasting tan/light bronze color.

i-NgCFZ4f-M.jpg

i-nfrWtKV-M.jpg

i-ZZC3DWM-M.jpg

i-VxXk5VX-M.jpg

i-Pnpnw3W-L.jpg

Saw this one! Loved it!

i-NgCFZ4f-M.jpg

i-nfrWtKV-M.jpg

i-ZZC3DWM-M.jpg

i-VxXk5VX-M.jpg

i-Pnpnw3W-L.jpg
Bitchin' Tucky

Echter Borsalino, Point 5, Crown Open 5 1/2 inches, Brim 2 inches, probably late 1930s and made for the German market. The felt is medium weight and very pliable. There is a wind cord which is uniquely wrapped (see photo) with contrasting band and binding. There is a separate paper size stamp and the main paper label has "Amiata, C. Nera, Gorasgu". The hat is in mint condition and was sold by Ferdinand, Klan Hof i / B. (Bavaria).

40079560385_3612cc1e81_b.jpg

40972802391_0475549c4b_b.jpg

Unique wind cord wrapping.

39164757740_50fe14a7d7_b.jpg

26101825287_1bf7ee79f4_b.jpg

40079623105_d2ea53376c_b.jpg

26101896397_dcf5754e81_b.jpg

40263932454_467c989118_b.jpg

26101963337_0893fda1db_b.jpg

27102698598_edfde29227_b.jpg

Open Crown

40931620672_7afc26112b_b.jpg