Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hornskov Hats - custom Danish hatter

Please Mr Deadlyhandsome, give it a break. You have posted this complaint over and over and over and over. We get you don't like it so please, get up off your behind and return the hat and tell them to replace the ribbon for Pete's sake, but please stop whining about the ribbon on your hat. We are tired hearing about it.

Who are you? Who is the “we” that are tired of it? Have you been appointed spokesperson for a group? I haven’t made a comment on this for some time. I suggest you learn to ignore posts if you don’t like them. Please feel free to block me so you don’t have to read my posts. And welcome to The Fedora Lounge, I guess.

Who are you? Who is the “we” that are tired of it? Have you been appointed spokesperson for a group? I haven’t made a comment on this for some time. I suggest you learn to ignore posts if you don’t like them. Please feel free to block me so you don’t have to read my posts. And welcome to The Fedora Lounge, I guess.

Brent: Thanks for taking the bullet for me. When I saw the hat I was going to mention the dreaded Petersham rearing its ugly head again but I was distracted.

Brent: Thanks for taking the bullet for me. When I saw the hat I was going to mention the dreaded Petersham rearing its ugly head again but I was distracted.

I wasn’t trying to be rude to the new guy and I hope I didn’t come across too snarky. I was just a bit taken aback at his comments.

I understand that not everyone cares about petersham ribbon, and I freely admit that it’s a small thing, but it is a “thing.” I also felt the need to clarify that despite Hornskov saying they were discontinuing petersham it’s still being used. I know I would want to know that if I was considering them for a custom hat. Heck, I like his work enough that I was considering buying another hat and having it sent straight to a US hatter to have the ribbon replaced, but the petersham brim binding killed that idea. If the petersham ribbon issue isn’t an issue for someone then it’s easy enough to disregard my posts on it…I didn’t understand where the new guy’s hostility was coming from. It was his first post after five years as a member…I must have gotten under his skin, but it wasn’t intentional.

The Shoe

One Too Many
I wasn’t trying to be rude to the new guy and I hope I didn’t come across too snarky. I was just a bit taken aback at his comments.

I understand that not everyone cares about petersham ribbon, and I freely admit that it’s a small thing, but it is a “thing.” I also felt the need to clarify that despite Hornskov saying they were discontinuing petersham it’s still being used. I know I would want to know that if I was considering them for a custom hat. Heck, I like his work enough that I was considering buying another hat and having it sent straight to a US hatter to have the ribbon replaced, but the petersham brim binding killed that idea. If the petersham ribbon issue isn’t an issue for someone then it’s easy enough to disregard my posts on it…I didn’t understand where the new guy’s hostility was coming from. It was his first post after five years as a member…I must have gotten under his skin, but it wasn’t intentional.
As a fan of Hornskov, I’ve read everything in this thread. I certainly didn’t get the same impression as he did. That just seemed like a bizarre post. Count me out of the “we”.

Pellie

One Too Many
Let it go Brent, 'we' apreciate your opinion or everyone elses about anything. And sometimes people are disagree, but that's oke. :)
I'm also a Hornskov fan and it doesn't bother me if your opinion about the hatband is different then mine. I only learn from it!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

The guy was rude, Brent. Very rude. Your reply was totally in order.
Looking at his profile, he seems like a troll to me.
Let's hope we hear no more from him.

The Shoe

One Too Many
These photos were featured on Hornskov’s Facebook page today.
I believe this hat is now on its way to me. I’m very happy with how it looks and the ribbon, if I’m not mistaken is grosgrain. The more experienced here can confirm that for me. I made no special requests about the ribbon material, so perhaps he has moved to grosgrain after all.
7A36E21D-633C-46C9-95F2-B1E1B3BFB5ED.jpeg
E444A5B7-0035-41CB-A333-A1D664414F63.jpeg

sensy

New in Town
I believe this hat is now on its way to me. I’m very happy with how it looks and the ribbon, if I’m not mistaken is grosgrain. The more experienced here can confirm that for me. I made no special requests about the ribbon material, so perhaps he has moved to grosgrain after all.
View attachment 383662 View attachment 383663
That looks awesome.

And seeing that it's your hat makes me even happier, cause that should mean mine is probably real close ;)

The Shoe

One Too Many
That looks awesome.

And seeing that it's your hat makes me even happier, cause that should mean mine is probably real close ;)
Yep, it looks like we ordered on the same day, though if you’re in the States, that’s a day later than me in Japan. I ordered two, but I’m keeping the other one under wraps for now. All will be divulged on Christmas Day!
I got my parcel tracking number yesterday.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 383662 View attachment 383663

Classy profile of your new hat sir. The curled brim is eye catching. Congrats on your two New Hat Days coming.

Eric -

I'm so excited. Just got an email that my hat is just about done, we're just emailing back and forth a bit choosing the colors of the beaded band and the fabric. This is what we've got so far, and I'm quite pleased.

View attachment 385494

Very nice! It can be hard to get a brim curl to come out just right and the curl on this hat looks perfect! Skilled hands have touched that hat.

new2hats

A-List Customer
These hats look nice. How heavy are these? To me, modern hats esp. Stetson have some weight to them. Wonder how these compare

The Shoe

One Too Many
Classy profile of your new hat sir. The curled brim is eye catching. Congrats on your two New Hat Days coming.

Eric -

Very nice! It can be hard to get a brim curl to come out just right and the curl on this hat looks perfect! Skilled hands have touched that hat.

Peter has certainly got the brim curl down pat. When my new hats arrive, three of my four Hornskovs will have the brim curl, the exception being the wool one I bought as a first, nervous trial of a custom hatter. I really thought I wanted snap brims, but have just been drawn to his hats with the curl.
Another teaser for the Christmas hat. It also has the brim curl and was also featured on the Hornskov Facebook page recently. My four Hornskovs will be in four different kinds of felt.

These hats look nice. How heavy are these? To me, modern hats esp. Stetson have some weight to them. Wonder how these compare
I don't have a Hornskov hat but have worked with the FEPSA felts he uses and the are about standard for a dress weight felt. In your reference to Stetson it depends on whether you are referring to their dress weight or western weight felts. Stetson dress weight is pretty much the same as other manufacturers dress weight felts but in their lower quality felts they put in much more stiffener. So while they are not any heavier they are a hell of a lot stiffer.

new2hats

A-List Customer
The hat i had was a Stetson Firenze i believe. Dress weight. Definitely heavier than my vintage Stetsons, so I've been pretty much getting only vintage.

Hornskov hats look really sharp, and would be temptedb to spring for one. Wish i could try one on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ