Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horsehide beltman belt arrived

andy richards

Practically Family
It has a perfect fit, but when I add some leather assecoires on the belt (like an "inside the pants holster" it is a inch or 2 too small because of the thickness of the holster... Belt widt is 1.5 and OK though.
Andy

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
andy richards said:
It has a perfect fit, but when I add some leather assecoires on the belt (like an "inside the pants holster" it is a inch or 2 too small because of the thickness of the holster... Belt widt is 1.5 and OK though.
Andy

If you regularly carry, and you SHOULD, then you should measure your belt with your weapon on.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Greetings Gents,

Reviving this thread for 2 reasons...

1) Griff - Would love to see you post up pics of how your Beltman natural belt looks now in terms of patina. :)

2) Seeing Griff's belt inspired me finally to place my order for my own Beltman belt just now. I've had AWFUL luck with my last 2 belts. Both belts are dual layered (glued) and the layers split apart right where the belt comes in contact with my tummy below my navel. I'm guessing moisture from sweat probably caused the layers to separate. Shouldn't have that problem hopefully with my new beltman belt since it's horsehide and the layers are glued and stitched.

Here are the specs for my new Beltman Belt:

- Black Horsehide (to match my Aero NYPD FQHH jacket)
- 1.5" width
- Brass Square Buckle (to match the brass Aero hardware on the jacket)
- Also ordered a Black Square Buckle (since they're only $5)... that way I can change buckles when I get bored with one, lol.

Belt should arrive either the second or third week in November. :)

Cheers,
Navin

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Here is how the belt look now:

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

The buckle gets dull after a while, but some polish turns it back to supershiny again.
Since I´m never gonna use the belt to carry a gun I did exactly what the beltman tells you not to do - I bended it/rolled it on both sides some (not much) to get it softer. If you do this it immediatly looses its ability to "stand on its own when holding it in just the edge" wich basucally means it gets softer and the process cant be reversed.

I love the belt and its getting more and more character all the time. :)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
The only thing I can see happening to the belt has to do with the buffing/shinying on the edge that makes the belt look like its almost one-piece.
If you strap on the belt a little bit uneven it will scrape against the buckle and some of the edge will be scraped revealing even more that it is in fact 2 pieces. This has happened to my belt some, but it doesnt bother me. But think about it if you are sensitive to any changes like that when using it.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Wow! The belt looks great, Griff! I love how the belt color has changed from the original tan color to an almost orange color. The belt now matches your steerhide jacket perfectly! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24