Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horsehide Motorcycle Style Jacket, Make Unknown, L, 44

MattieA65

New in Town
-SOLD-Although the label is sadly gone, I am highly confident that this is a horsehide jacket. Why? Well, you and I know what horsehide smells like, and brother, believe you me. This is horsehide! I wanted this to fit me, but it is just too big. I can wear a small, medium, or size 40 jacket. The shoulders are wide enough on this jacket so that when I wore it, the shoulders formed into furrows just before the arm seam! It's measurements suggest a fairly generous size 44. The jacket is scuffed here and there just enough to give it character, but is very supple, and not dried out! The color is a reddish-brown, favoring the brown over the red. Zip front, with Talon zipper. Zippered slanted pocket on the left chest. Two slanted slash waist pockets, with chamois-type cotton lining. Quilted, lightly insulated (Kapok?) liner. Note: The liner has some "rust" stains, but is not broken open anywhere. I can send more photos of the liner. Plain point-type collar. Single button on each cuff. Liner goes straight to the cuff, with no elastic wool or anything like that. Side waist buckles. False belt on back. The arms are very wide, as if made for Popeye. Measurements are:
Outside, Pit-to-Pit: 23"
Shoulder Width: 20 1/2" (wide!)
Neck-to-Hem: 25"
Shoulder-to-Cuff: 25 1/2"
Arm width (at elbow): 8 1/4"

Asking $250 -SOLD-

Attachments

• Front 2.jpg
    Front 2.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 157
  • Zip Pocket.jpg
    Zip Pocket.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Belt Side 1.jpg
    Belt Side 1.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 152
  • Belt Side 2.jpg
    Belt Side 2.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Collar.jpg
    Collar.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Cuff 1.jpg
    Cuff 1.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Cuff 2.jpg
    Cuff 2.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Greetings Mattie:
Wow that is a way old, way cool jacket in absolutely wonderful condition. I’d buy that in a heartbeat if i hadn’t just bought several lately. Man, wish i’d have seen this a couple weeks ago. Total beauty.
Be well. Bowen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy