Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween Chromexcel Leather Belt

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I backed that same belt in black color that should be made and shipped sooner than later.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I went on a belt-buying spree a few years back and found that the thicker belts tend to dig into my thighbones and never become really supple. Also, like some of the other Gustin products we've discussed here, it's awfully basic, especially for the $71.00 they're asking. For a few dollars more, and not many more, you can order from the Leathergoodsconnection.com a bridle leather belt in whatever color you prefer and add stitching, bevelling, etc., and get the belt within a week or so. Of the belts I bought back then, I wear those pretty much exclusively and they've developed beautiful patinas. Whatever you decide on, I hope you're satisfied.

frussell

One Too Many
I used to make a lot of leather belts to sell, and even though I'm a Horween fan, that's a huge profit on their part (Gustin). Once you have the hide, cut your belt blanks, (often done by some factories in advance), especially already dyed, it would take me about 15 minutes tops to make that belt. Good looking, but unlined, no stitching, just Chicago Screws. Simple, but fortunately also good looking. Hope you enjoy it. Reminds me I need to find my leather working tools, if that kind of money is to be made.

Pdawg

One of the Regulars
I used to make a lot of leather belts to sell, and even though I'm a Horween fan, that's a huge profit on their part (Gustin). Once you have the hide, cut your belt blanks, (often done by some factories in advance), especially already dyed, it would take me about 15 minutes tops to make that belt. Good looking, but unlined, no stitching, just Chicago Screws. Simple, but fortunately also good looking. Hope you enjoy it. Reminds me I need to find my leather working tools, if that kind of money is to be made.
Yeah handcut, creased, stitched keeper belts can be had at that price or cheaper and better quality .

Lungomare

A-List Customer
I went on a belt-buying spree a few years back and found that the thicker belts tend to dig into my thighbones and never become really supple. Also, like some of the other Gustin products we've discussed here, it's awfully basic, especially for the $71.00 they're asking. For a few dollars more, and not many more, you can order from the Leathergoodsconnection.com a bridle leather belt in whatever color you prefer and add stitching, bevelling, etc., and get the belt within a week or so. Of the belts I bought back then, I wear those pretty much exclusively and they've developed beautiful patinas. Whatever you decide on, I hope you're satisfied.

Thank you very much for your ideas that made me think over my belt "project". Most of my belts are from Scotland and their quality is outstanding (http://www.mcrostie.co.uk/product-category/men/).

Now found the custom belts by LeatherGoodConnection don't cost more than the Gustin one, so I thank you for providing the address, but unfortunately they don't ship to Europe.

Johannes

Last edited:

Pdawg

One of the Regulars
Thank you very much for your ideas that made me think over my belt "project". Most of my belts are from Scotland and their quality is outstanding (http://www.mcrostie.co.uk/product-category/men/).

Now found the custom belts by LeatherGoodConnection don't cost more than the Gustin one, so I thank you for providing the address, but unfortunately they don't ship to Europe.

Johannes
Terry dear ships worldwide.
http://celticleather.co.uk and the weakness in the gbp makes it cheaper.

Edward

Bartender
USD71 seems like a lot for what it is, though in the glory days of 2008 when we were getting USD2.20 to the pound (instead of USD1.23 as it is now), it would have seemed reasonable. I'm sure it's lovely quality, but it isn't really unqie enough that I'd want to buy into a crowd funding option for it. Gustin seem to have a strong following, though, so I'm sure it'll go ahead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran