Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween goes retail

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Just came across this and thought it might be of interest to people on here. A couple of times members have been asking where they could get horsehide to send to a maker to get their own jacket made to their specs from leather not normally offered by any given maker.

As a private punter it can be a pain trying to get a tannery to sell you a single hide as they are only interested in large trade orders now Horween has just started up this tannery row project to sell retail direct to the public and traders with small orders which looks very handy especially if you are in US.

http://thetanneryrow.com/default.html

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
$395...wow. People will start robbing each other for empty wallets alone..lol. I have to wonder why Aero isn't making wallets out of their scraps.

Edward

Bartender
$395...wow. People will start robbing each other for empty wallets alone..lol. I have to wonder why Aero isn't making wallets out of their scraps.

I've never seen one in person, but the wallet sets that ELC have long been doing to match their A2s are nice. It would be a good way of using up scrap, and I'd certainly love to be able to buy a wallet out of a matching hide to my favourite jackets (for a custom jacket, it'd be a lovely add-on if there was enough scrap to make a wallet from the exact same hide(s) from which the jacket is cut). I imagine it does mean tooling up and new patterns, though, when Aero are already busy enough to need to train a batch of new machinists just to cover the jacket manufacture....

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Dont get fixated with the wallet, the site is being set up for horween to sell leather hides direct to members of the public without their usual minimum order size which is something that has been sadly lacking for a long time, the only problem I have with it is that they don't sell to this side of the pond.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I told Amanda there is one of the greatest Bowmakers in the world in Scotland - Border Bows, and they should go together and make quiver and sidebags from horsehide and steerhide :p

Edward

Bartender
I told Amanda there is one of the greatest Bowmakers in the world in Scotland - Border Bows, and they should go together and make quiver and sidebags from horsehide and steerhide :p

That'd be cool. I'm seriously thinking of buying a bow (and a pistol crossbow for close-quarters) so as to be prepared in the event of the zombie plague....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis