Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

[HOT SALE] Montgomery Ward short woolie sz 40

Nacho

Practically Family
Hi all,

Selling my Montgomery Ward short woolie in size 40. I believe this dude was made in the 40s, possibly the late 30s based on the MW label. These are quite rare to come by. Even if you see it, it's either priced real high or a bidding war will be likely to ensue. I was lucky enough to be at the right place and the right time to snatch this one.

The wool on this jacket is medium weight in a beautiful black, grey, and red plaid. There is minor thinning at the one of the pits but you can't see it visually unless you put your fingers there to feel it. Mind you, this is completely normal for jacket this old (approx 75 - 80 y/o). Other than that, everything else is in excellent conditions. No moth holes. No seam separations. No odours. Nothing. The zipper is a spring-loaded Crown and runs smoothly. No tear at the zipper tape either.

This is a hard decision for me to sell this one because you can't find them that easy. But I've recently dropped some weight so it's a little roomy for me now. In addition to that, I'm on a wardrobe purge so hopefully this one will land in somebody else's closet. Seriously, it needs to be worn!

Here are the measurements:

P2P - 22"
Sleeves - 24"
Back length - 23"
Shoulders - 18"

Asking $550USD shipped CAN/USA via PayPal FF. I've bought stuff from members here before so no worries on that front. But if you need references, I can certainly provide.

FRONT

tempImagel6bBZi.jpg

tempImagesyYhgs.jpg

tempImagecfXpcW.jpg

(Would you look at that slider, huh? A little jewel there I might add. Tremendous!)

tempImageKqGoQ8.jpg

tempImageAxrGb5.jpg

tempImageVVDQq3.jpg

Nacho

Practically Family
As nice an example as one will ever see. I have come to terms with being simply too tall to wear this style but man I wish I could. So f’ing cool.

Thanks Ton. It's as cool as it can get. It pains me to sell it, but somebody else will have a better time wearing it.

Nacho

Practically Family
SOLD!!!

Thank you TFL and other members that make this sale happen. I appreciate you!

Til next time.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
How this fell to me given I wasn't on here for a couple days is beyond me, but I'm so glad it did. Huge thanks to @ton312 for thinking of me and suggesting the pm!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner