Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hot Weather Footwear

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Espadrilles!

nacho.jpg

gonzalo.jpg

ulysses.jpg

jordi.jpg

http://www.espadrillesetc.com/web.php?action=men

chuckknight

New in Town
Though it is sacrilege among this crowd, let me suggest a cheap pair of very good looking sandals. And, made in the USA, to boot!

Okabashi

They, Birkenstock and Teva, are the only things on my feet for most of the summer. Yes, it's a plastic sandal...and yes, I said plastic...but it's SO much more. They resemble the huarache sandals when worn, and they even look good with a pair of linen slacks OR shorts. Yet they have acupressure beads in the very supportive soles. Surprisingly well designed.

I can speak to the good looks of the EuroSport (modern) and the Milan (huarache) designs, as well as to their all-day comfort.

Best part? They're around $10, and available at your local drug store during the summer. Mine are usually purchased at CVS!!!

Here's a picture of the Milan style, for your convenience.
milan_brown_300px.jpg

Take a look at them, and remember...they're not a cheap plastic sandal. They're merely inexpensive...there's a huge difference.

-- Chuck Knight

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Those gurkees look really cool, like something a tramp steamboat captain in southeast asia would wear.

Are they comfortable?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Kodiak said:
Are they comfortable?
They're very comfortable on foot and light as a feather but I wouldn't suggest them for long treks as they have no arch support and aren't well cushioned. Personally, they wouldn't be my choice if I'm going to walk over two miles, but YMMV.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I've just had a brush with the ugliest desert boots. Cheap, nasty and the only footwear I've ever worn that made me look like I've got two left feet.:eek: If you've seen "Best in Show", think of Eugene Levy's excellent Jerry Fleck character and you'll get my drift.

The company responsible has graciously agreed to take them back and refund me.

This is absolutely the last time I'm buying internet shoes. I'm still reeling...

Duck

Practically Family
Mojave Jack said:
The problem is trying to find any of these options Stateside. I'm about done ordering boots via the Web, especially internationally. I got a pair of boots from Israel that didn't work out, and what a hassle. I need a body double in the UK that can try boots on for me, and ship them over once I'm sure they'll fit. Alternatively, and slightly more realistically, I can find a distributer around here. Fat chance, I'm afraid.

I known what you mean!!!! I have a narrow foot and the desert boots I have found are too wide :(
If anyone finds any in a narrow width, let me know!!!!!!!

Maguire

Practically Family
Boots and dress shoes. I can't stand sandals and only wear sneakers to run. If its too hot.. whatever just take it! Be a spartan about it. Sweat never killed anyone, i say.

ins0ma

New in Town
Rainbow flip flops are probably the most comfortable summer sandal I've found. They cost about $40 (US), and you can find them in most mall shoe stores. They're simple, classic and the leather ones look better the older they get.

For hiking, water activities or anything where you might lose a flip flop, Keen sandals are the best. Super comfy, extremely durable, and they look pretty cool too, better, in my opinion, than anything Teva makes.

If you want something with a little more class, Merrill makes an amazingly comfortable sandal, in a variety of styles, materials and colors. In general I think Merrill makes the best "outdoor" shoes, and they're what I work in. Ecco also makes great, classy looking sandals but they're pretty pricey.

Good luck!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I have a pair of Dr Martens leather fisherman's sandals that have been The Summer Shoe for almost ten years. Well worth the $80 or whatever they cost.

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
I'm thinking about these for casual dress in hot weather, with linen trousers and a silk sport coat. And yes, I'll wear them with socks.

Sandro Moscoloni Omega Dress Sandals
f_77988_2.jpg

Anyone had experience with this brand?

poetman

A-List Customer
I'll never understand it, and I'll never accept it. It is never too hot to wear shoes. One may want to wear shorts, which I still find a bit silly in many settings, but this whole flip-flop, croc phase that has hit America is really a splendid display of classic Amercian laziness. It really isn't that hot. Sure, socks and sneakers or even sockless in loafers will cause your feet to perspire a bit, but we are supposed to sweat when it's hot out. This doesn't mean we don't wear clothes. This not really directed toward who started this thread. I just need to vent. I live in FL, and I can't look at another overweight lady walking into the grocery store with shorts that barely cover her butt, and a hankechief to cover her breasts; and I don't want to see another skinny woman wear the same outfitt and think that she's allowed because of her physique. Whatever happend to decency. You don't need to wear a raincoat in July, but my goodness--GET DRESSED before you leave the house. I should not have to look at all that flesh hanging out. How did the do it in the 40's? Men wore suits and ties--with hats-- outside in the heat and indoors with no a/c!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
poetman said:
lady walking into the grocery store with shorts that barely cover her butt, and a hankechief to cover her breasts
Stay away from my neighborhood. It's not uncommon to encounter young ladies strolling the aisles of my local Walgreens wearing thong bikinis. Since they come from the local beach, which is topless, I guess I should be thankful that they're wearing clothes at all. [huh] I'll admit that the fact that they are mostly drop dead gorgeous does have a mitigating effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24