Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hot Weather Footwear

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Inside the house no shoes. Just to go in the yard a pair of cheap plastic sandals to guard against sharp rocks or burrs in in grass. To leave the home usually slip on boat shoes.:)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
JohnnyGringo said:
Hey Duck- those Hush Puppies are interesting-where did you find them?
From the photo I'd say Ebay. They're not currently on the HP website so they're probably discontinued.:( I had a very similar pair from J&M, years ago, also discontinued. [huh]

Woodfluter

Practically Family
My list, totally driven by practicality and not in the least by style:

1. Barefoot inside, and often outside around home. Occasionally while walking in the woods, just to keep the callouses in condition.

2. Chacos, Tevas or Keens when I'm frequently walking through or in streams and need the traction.

3. Crocs most of the time around home and running errands, and often on walks in the woods when wet or muddy conditions are likely. Easy to kick off and clear of mud and debris, dry fastest of anything, very light.

4. Redwing boots, 6" high, when I need stability or may do some scrambling. Because (paradoxically) they're fine in hot weather as long as you're wearing wool socks that are thick enough.

5. Dress shoes for dressy occasions, Clarks Wallabees at other times...

Yeah, Atlanta is a city, a fairly large one, but it isn't a New York or Chicago kind of city. The uses I mention above are pretty much a daily or weekly routine for me.

- Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy