Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How about that vintage western look

Yamahana

One Too Many
Watched the “”Westerner” last night. Couple of the buckaroos were sporting some serious headwear in 1940.
IMG_5850.jpeg
IMG_5855.jpeg

While Cooper and Brennan were a little more conservative. Coopers fringed jacket is not overly done either
IMG_5858.jpeg

Two great pieces, BB! Love the Chimayo weaving & the fit looks great on you! 3-button & all! Not common for sure.
That jacket, Cuz!!! Very impressive! I'd want to wear that too...in spite of the current temps. That vest ain't slouching, either. You'll have it going on come cool weather.
Thanks, fellas I appreciate it. I’m wondering what you guys think; are they mated pieces? The Chimayo on the vest doesn’t have the bright colors of the jacket but the back design looks to be the same on the vest to me, just turned vertically. The foundation fabric is the same.

Found these in the pockets.
IMG_3511.jpeg

Yamahana

One Too Many
are they mated pieces? The Chimayo on the vest doesn’t have the bright colors of the jacket but the back design looks to be the same on the vest to me, just turned vertically.
I see the difference in colors, orange mostly. With Pioneer Wear based in Albuquerque I would bet the panels were already made up by weavers in Chimayo, NM & Pioneer hand picked them as a set for their Gold Collection Line. They have been together as a one-off set ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner