Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How about that vintage western look

H Bar C shirt with embroidery and overlay work.

1690808011110.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2759698062...yRL658LAKEM2/o58fT4PeI7In9|tkp:Bk9SR7aA5L-1Yg

Yamahana

One Too Many
I’ve been buying some vintage clothing too & while I have not had to return anything yet, I’m finding the manufacturers sizing can vary also. So it’s sort of a crapshoot!
No kidding Jack. This one is tagged size 17 but yet armpit to armpit width was only 22.5”. I always ask for measurements if not already provided, makes for easier returns.
IMG_6030.jpeg

As I posted in the other thread I’ve been buying a few vintage Woolrich flannel shirts that surface in my size. A nice soft flannel, they launder up nice. I particularly like the Navajo/Aztec & tribal patterns from 20+ yrs ago. I wear them as a cover shirt over a Henley, crewneck, or mock turtleneck. Need to take pics again of the others.

IMG_7612.jpeg

IMG_3143.jpeg

This Woolrich Bros was made in Bangladesh. While I like the pattern & colors, the flannel is not a soft cotton flannel even after laundering. And the button holes are crappy.

IMG_7699.jpeg

This one was made in India. It’s the same crappy flannel as above but the button holes are better.

IMG_7696.jpeg

Now I look for US made Woolrich only.

I have 3 vintage Wrangler flannel pearl snap Blue Labels I bought 25+ yrs ago, stripes mostly. I’ve been looking for plaids & got this one. It’s a nice shirt but the flannel is lightweight.

IMG_7697.jpeg

I’ve been searching for anything from the Wrangler American Cowboys label series but they are just not out there.

IMG_3157.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot