Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How can you mend a broken heart.....

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Andykev said:
Dad died two years ago at 82, Mom died in December, it took that long for her broken heart to kill her.

Funny thing is, widows often cope much better than widowers do. With widowhood, my grandmother's generation seems to gain a measure of freedom. Many widowers of my grandfather's generation, however, tend to crumble. I think it may be because these men lack a social support system (i.e., a close group of friends) outside of the home. There are exceptions, of course: Kiwanis, Rotarians, Masons, etc. Still, they're a minority.

jay_b

Familiar Face
flat-top said:
Timely posts gentlemen.........I actually just saw HER on Sunday...she insisted on stopping by my job since she was in the area. I am happy to report that I felt NOTHING when I saw her. She appeared to be trying to "create" moments, like staring at me, then saying "What?"...like trying to get me to say something mushy. I didn't, cuz I just didn't feel it.
This heart may be on the road to recovery........:cheers1:
That's good to hear. Just keep it casual.

Sounds like you are on the right track flat-top. Keep it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn