Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you take your coffee?

Caledonia

Practically Family
I'm with Paddy also. Fresh and espresso, and the more espresso the better, which makes mine a thimbleful. Can't stand any other kind, although I like the way yours is sounding Naama - might try :) Gave up coffee when I switched to soya milk - the two just don't mix. And force feed me one cup of regular and I can run round the ceiling. Don't know why espresso doesn't do that - maybe I'm italian at heart, which would be kinda cool!:D

J.B.

Practically Family
Caledonia said:
...maybe I'm italian at heart, which would be kinda cool!:D

Okay, but what will you do with all of those green glass wine bottles with 9-foot necks?? :eusa_doh:

Until two years ago, I drank it strictly black. Lately, it's coffee light for me!

scotrace said:
I have to throw myself on the mercy of the thread. I like Starbucks.
Around here, it's the only "better" coffee available...

I like it, too! Although I will admit it -- "Seattle roast" is an acquired taste!

"I just can't seem to get started in the morning until after I've had that first piping hot pot of coffee! Oh, I've tried other enemas..." ~ Emo Philips :D

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Emo is right, if he's referring to Starbucks. I find their coffee overly oily and far too likely to produce a laxative effect, which I don't need when I'm at work giving a three hour lecture. :eek:

The sock and grounds method is, I think, a Dan Turner, private eye, recipe. Today's grounds in yesterday's sock is our after dinner blend.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
:rolleyes: Like a woman...

Creamy & Light?
Dark & Sweet?
Dark & Bitter?
Creamy & Sweet?
Light & Bitter?

I usually drink it black. I like coffee, but I drink it only for its caffeine-purpose. Waking/Sobering up.

Rosie

One Too Many
How very funny

I haven't drank coffee in a while but just last night, I ran a few clear cycles through the machine because I intended on drinking some today. I'm not a coffee aficionado, I drink Gevalia, vanilla nut roast or hazelnut or colombian, light and sweet.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kopi Luwak...

I like a good cup of Kopi Luwak every morning to start the day. But I settle for Nescafe' instant with sugar & milk - usually two cups with bran muffin! I use the same 1940's diner mug every morning to get in the mood.

At work I make a pot of various Italian deep roasts or mocho java and drink it black throughout the day. I have rid myself of most evil vices - but I love my coffee. And yes, a couple times a month I stop at Starbucks for a latte'!!

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/k/kopiluwak.htm

Tony in Tarzana

Whatever's on sale, and lots of it. I quit the sugar about ten years ago. Over the years I've tried to develop a taste for black coffee but I've never managed it and use half 'n half.

I use a Bunn coffeemaker, which I love. It nearly replicates the best of diner coffee, except that it doesn't call me "hon." ;)

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
filmnoirphotos said:
.....black, in a diner mug........more, please....

Yes, in American English, 'coffee' is a collective noun. Ever heard an Italian or German tourist order "another coffee please" instead of "cn I have sm mo' cohffee"?

Mike in Seattle

Starbucks Cafe Verona, whole bean ground just before going into the Starbucks Barista Aroma Grande coffee maker, which actually is insulated well enough to keep coffee hot for 18-24 hours. Some milk, a Sweet & Low into a great big mug. Two of those a day and usually a latte late in the day when I'm out running errands.

Dixon Cannon

Mike in Seattle...

Mike in Seattle said:
Starbucks Cafe Verona, whole bean ground just before going into the Starbucks Barista Aroma Grande coffee maker, which actually is insulated well enough to keep coffee hot for 18-24 hours. Some milk, a Sweet & Low into a great big mug. Two of those a day and usually a latte late in the day when I'm out running errands.

Betcha remember this....

I love coffee
I love tea
I love the java, java
It loves me
Coffee and Tea
the Java and me
A cuppa, cuppa, cuppa
B o y d s !

-dixon cannon

Mike in Seattle

Actually, I do - Manhattan Transfer's version is in several of my iTunes playlists, although I remember the lyrics slightly differently.

I love coffee
I love tea
I love the java jive
And it loves me
Coffee and tea
the java and me
A cuppa, cuppa, cuppa cup

I keep telling friends who work at Starbucks HQ that I'm amazed they've never thought to use this in an ad campaign or play it at the shareholders' meetings - instead they get sucky performers like Kenny G...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran